CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
wants2laugh
jennab85
Bluesmama
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Chris
10 posters

'Wisconsin man's 'nearly skeletonized body' found in home 4 years after his suicide'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News 'Wisconsin man's 'nearly skeletonized body' found in home 4 years after his suicide'

Post by Chris Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:32 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wisconsin-man-skeletonized-body-found-home-4-years-suicide-article-1.1017830

Wisconsin man's 'nearly skeletonized body' found in home 4 years after his suicide
    Friends, relatives thought David Carter had moved away in 2007
    By Michael Sheridan / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, February 6, 2012, 8:02 AM

'Wisconsin man's 'nearly skeletonized body' found in home 4 years after his suicide' Image
    David Carter, believed to have committed suicide in 2007, was found dead and decomposing in January 2012 in his West Allis, Wisconsin home.

A Wisconsin man everyone thought moved away in 2007 had actually killed himself, leaving his body to rot in his home for more than four years.

The shocking discovery of David Carter's remains came in January after his West Allis house was handed over to the city because of unpaid property taxes, according to the Journal Sentinel newspaper.

The 41-year-old's "nearly skeletonized body" was found on the second floor, according to the medical examiner's report. "A Smith & Wesson 9-mm. handgun was found lying on the decedent's chest," and an autopsy concluded he died from a gunshot wound to the head.

It is unclear exactly when Carter died, but it was likely in late 2007, which according to the Journal Sentinel is when he quit his job and told friends he was moving to New Mexico.

Carter may have been despondent at the time over a breakup with a girlfriend, according to CBS 58 News. The two had a daughter together, whom he hadn't seen since 2006.

"I knew he was alone and I wanted to talk to him," Theresa Bornheimer, an old friend of Carter's, told the local news station. "But I couldn't because of the fact that I never saw him at home."

Described as a generous man by friends and relatives, Carter had taken care of his mother for years before her death from cancer in 1997. He had no siblings, and never knew his father, the Journal Sentinel reported.

The city is expected to clean out the house and sell it. The money from the sale will likely go to the city, but could potentially be claimed by his daughter.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

News Re: 'Wisconsin man's 'nearly skeletonized body' found in home 4 years after his suicide'

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:45 pm

How could it be four years nobody noticed? He must have had a shit load in the bank and getting power and water taken out directly.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

News Re: 'Wisconsin man's 'nearly skeletonized body' found in home 4 years after his suicide'

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:46 am

That's terrible.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:17 am

He has a daughter??? And she never checked up on him in all that time???
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Bluesmama wrote:He has a daughter??? And she never checked up on him in all that time???

The article doesn't give the daughter's age. She might have been really young when the guy and his girlfriend broke up and also the ex-girlfriend might not have cared for her daughter to see her dad.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:44 pm

this is just sad
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:21 pm

I would have liked it if they showed a pic of the body at least.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:29 pm

That is just sad for so many different reasons sad
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 pm

RedBedroom wrote:How could it be four years nobody noticed? He must have had a shit load in the bank and getting power and water taken out directly.

Not necessarily. There was a story similar to this around here not that long ago except I think the person died of natural causes. I think the utility companies just turned everything off. There was talk about a law requiring some kind of check when bills go unpaid for a certain length of time. You'd think the city would have come knocking a lot sooner for unpaid taxes.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:12 am

Tony Marino wrote:I would have liked it if they showed a pic of the body at least.

Why confused

How sad though, to go 4 years without anyone noticing your dead? Terrible.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Cheaps wrote:

Why confused

How sad though, to go 4 years without anyone noticing your dead? Terrible.

Just curious to see what it looked like dead for 4 years, my morbid curiosity.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Not necessarily. There was a story similar to this around here not that long ago except I think the person died of natural causes. I think the utility companies just turned everything off. There was talk about a law requiring some kind of check when bills go unpaid for a certain length of time. You'd think the city would have come knocking a lot sooner for unpaid taxes.

Geez, you're right. I didn't even consider that! But that must have been the case.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:17 pm