CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
FireIce918
RedBedroom
6 posters

Applebees seems to be changing

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Food Applebees seems to be changing

Post by RedBedroom Sat May 12, 2012 11:32 pm

We were at Applebees today and it seemed different. They have flavored Long Island iced teas now and provide a shot menu. Who thinks, "Hey let's go to Applebees and do some shots...at noon?"

The music was louder and played music more suited for a club. Maybe it's just the manager at our local place. But with the shot menu, I am assuming it is a company-wide thing.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Food Re: Applebees seems to be changing

Post by FireIce918 Sun May 13, 2012 2:48 am

I noticed that, too. I went to one in a non-urban area and they were blasting the music to the point where we were yelling. I can't remember what rap song was playing but I DO remember saying, "I know I am NOT at the non-hood Applebees listening to this..." It was something real mainstream unfriendly, like track 11 from 3 6 Mafia's "Da Unbreakables...."

However, the one in the city isn't like that at all. The music is softer and more Top 40-ish. IDK what Applebees is on but looks like a change is definitely making it's way through.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun May 13, 2012 2:52 am

Oh, it is interesting you noticed some of the same. It is just odd they were pushing the "shot menu" when we were there for lunch. I have known a couple people who went there for thier bloddy marys. Apparently they make them well. But I just don't know who does shots at Applebees. That is just strange.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun May 13, 2012 3:33 am

Shrugs (Oh well…)

We don't have an AppleBee's here in my town, and I've only gone to one once or twice in my lifetime. It does seem odd for them to be playing music like that and that loudly during that time of day. I can somewhat understand if they were doing that for the late evening/night time crowd.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun May 13, 2012 5:02 am

hmmmm our applebees doesnt play music.. and there are 3 in this area that i go to. they all (i think) have always had the shot menu--- i dont drink, but i had an alkie ex and i would purposely stay away from there because of it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 13, 2012 9:09 am

Maybe they are competing with TGIF?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 13, 2012 11:51 am

They are so many of these casual dining restaurant chains...they are always in competition with each other. I don't think I've paid much attention to the music of the Applebee's that I've been to, but I don't recall anything ostentatious. I just notice how watered down their drinks are. And Applebee's has some watered down drinks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:58 am