CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Chris
Tony Marino
6 posters

WHO IS GONNA WATCH BIG BROTHER WITH ME THIS SEASON??

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

WHO IS GONNA WATCH BIG BROTHER WITH ME THIS SEASON?? Empty WHO IS GONNA WATCH BIG BROTHER WITH ME THIS SEASON??

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Come on you know you want to see it!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

WHO IS GONNA WATCH BIG BROTHER WITH ME THIS SEASON?? Empty Re: WHO IS GONNA WATCH BIG BROTHER WITH ME THIS SEASON??

Post by Chris Thu May 24, 2012 3:26 pm

::: raises hand :::
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

WHO IS GONNA WATCH BIG BROTHER WITH ME THIS SEASON?? Empty Re: WHO IS GONNA WATCH BIG BROTHER WITH ME THIS SEASON??

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Maybe....

LOL, of course! Have you heard about The Glass House, Tony?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 24, 2012 4:01 pm

The ABC versus CBS legal battle over copyright issues is heating up; ABC has responded to the CBS lawsuit over their upcoming reality show that bears an uncanny resemblance to the hit Big Brother. CBS filed a suit earlier in the month, and ABC has something to say about it: their show isn’t just like Big Brother, and it’s different enough that the suit won’t stand up.

First reported to be titled The Glass House, ABC’s reality series is now being referred to as Life in a Glass House according to the Hollywood Reporter, where the latest on the suit was reported this morning. Either way, CBS says that the show, which features contestants in a house wired with cameras, violates their copyright and is too similar to Big Brother, a fact nearly everyone who has heard about the new show has noted. Add to that the fact that there are 18 former Big Brother staffers on board the new show, and you’ve got yourself a lawsuit.

But ABC says it isn’t so. In their response they point out numerous differences in the two shows, including that the house is not cut off from the outside world but will be able to interact via social media, that there will be no host like Big Brother's Julie Chen, and that it will be a team competition rather than individuals competing against each other. “Even CBS must realize it cannot copyright the idea of 14 contestants living in a house rigged with cameras,” ABC argues in it’s court papers.

They’ve also pointed out that the trade secrets portion of the lawsuit is a joke, since the show has been airing since 2000 and there’ not much that’s secret about it at this point. CBS is seeking an injuction to shut down production; if the suit goes forward the court date for that decision will be June 11.

With the listed differences between the two shows, it sounds to me like CBS may be out of luck, but then, I’m not a lawyer. I simply see that reality show formats from dating shows to singing competitions all resemble each other in some way; it seems unsurprising that Big Brother should have the same thing happen to its format. We’ll have to see if the courts agree.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 24, 2012 4:12 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Maybe....

LOL, of course! Have you heard about The Glass House, Tony?

Yes I have Red and CBS is suing ABC because they say its a rip off of Big Brother.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/11/the-glass-house-lawsuit-cbs-abc_n_1508986.html
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Red I posted the link before I saw your post.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Im gonna stick with Big Brother maybe I will watch one episode of the Glass House.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 24, 2012 4:59 pm

I really wish the Glass House would air in the winter. Then we all could enjoy both if Glass House is decent. I don't really like the idea of keeping up with two running at the same time. But I will check out the first one out of curiosity.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu May 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Y'all have fun now ya hear.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu May 24, 2012 8:35 pm

I'll watch again this season...I enjoyed last season.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Cheaps wrote:I'll watch again this season...I enjoyed last season.

I'm SO glad you liked it last year, Cheaps!! It is such a good show!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Ooooh, but if they bring Rachel back...then
    WHO IS GONNA WATCH BIG BROTHER WITH ME THIS SEASON?? Th_21bix38_thjpg

So when does the season start?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 am

Cheaps Rachel and Brendon were just on the Amazing Race so the chances of them coming back are slim to none. I am sure we are going to get all new house guests. I wonder what the twist is this year?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:26 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/abc-glass-house-producer-big-brother-lawsuit-333199

CBS is getting aggressive in its effort to stop the upcoming ABC reality competition series Glass House, which the network believes is a blatant rip-off of its long-running hit Big Brother.

our editor recommends

ABC Fires Back at CBS Lawsuit Over 'Big Brother'-Type Reality Show

CBS Sues ABC Over 'Big Brother'-Type Reality Show 'Glass House'

CBS Lawyers Threaten ABC Over 'Big Brother'-Type Show 'Glass House'

As we previously reported, CBS is suing ABC in federal court over the upcoming strangers-living-together show, arguing that it violates the intellectual property of Big Brother and that trade secrets obtained by at least 19 former Big Brother employees are being used to create the new show. ABC denies that Glass House, which is set to debut June 18, is a copycat, arguing that CBS can't possibly claim copyright infringement over a live competition show that hasn't been created yet.

Read the CBS Complaint Here

Despite the lawsuit, ABC has moved forward with advertising the show and announcing the cast. But behind the scenes, an urgent legal drama is playing out. CBS is pulling out all the stops trying to prevent the show from airing, filing a motion May 31 to get the court's permission to expedite the fact-finding process in preparation for a motion for preliminary injunction. ABC has fired back with its own court filing.

Read the ABC Complaint Here

A hearing took place Friday, during which ABC was ordered to hand over a bunch of documents, including an "up-to-date outline of Glass House." And a lengthy deposition took place Sunday of defendant Kenny Rosen, executive producer of Glass House and a former producer of Big Brother. The Rosen interrogation lasted seven hours, according to court documents, during which he was grilled about the format for Glass House and whether he is using any secret information or resources from his previous job at Big Brother to create the ABC show. The deposition is part of CBS' effort to figure out exactly what Glass House is so its lawyers can fashion an effective argument to stop it.

To that end, CBS also filed court papers late Monday with U.S. District Court Judge Gary Feess proposing an expedited schedule to gather more information. (Feess, incidentally, is the third judge on the case after two others recused themselves; he has experience in reality TV litigation, having presided over a case claiming NBC's The Biggest Loser was stolen from another format.) The proposed schedule, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, is heavily redacted (a separate motion to seal the unredacted version also was filed), but it lays out CBS' basic argument for why it wants to stop Glass House.

STORY: CBS Sues ABC Over 'Big Brother'-Type Reality Show 'Glass House'

"CBS undeniably has an interest in stopping the irreparable harm caused by Defendants' ongoing misappropriation of trade secrets, infringement of Big Brother's copyright and other unlawful activity (including spoilaiton of evidence)," the proposed schedule argues. "For these reasons, CBS intends to seek a [temporary restraining order] preventing the ongoing production and imminent airing of Glass House on June 18."

ABC and Rosen responded with their own court filing disputing CBS' characterization of the case and Rosen's deposition. "For example, it is misleading -- and frankly irrelevant to the legal claims -- that Mr. Rosen said he hired more than 20 people with prior experience on Big Brother," the Defendants argue. "What CBS does not tell this Court is that Mr. Rosen also testified that the vast majority of these people worked with Mr. Rosen more recently on a different reality show, Hell's Kitchen, that has nothing to do with Big Brother. It is true that Mr. Rosen hires people with whom he has experience working on reality shows; there is nothing improper about that."

The Defendants also take aim at CBS' claim that certain evidence shows that trade secrets from Big Brother are being used on Glass House. "It is preposterous for CBS to argue that a one-page outdated master control room schedule from an old season of Big Brother is a trade secret," the filing argues.

The back-and-forth is setting up a contentious battle over whether Glass House should be allowed to air. And with the premiere date less than two weeks away, the clock is ticking.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Only if you pay me! big grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:25 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I really wish the Glass House would air in the winter. Then we all could enjoy both if Glass House is decent. I don't really like the idea of keeping up with two running at the same time. But I will check out the first one out of curiosity.

Big Brother Starts on July 12 The Glass House starts I think June 18th so we have a little time to see if we like it or not.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Only if you pay me! big grin

Awwww come on Lil Bro come down to my level and watch a few episodes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:31 pm