CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+13
Shale
Wadsworth
MFD10
Nhaiyel
RedBedroom
Rule Breaker
FightSleep
SecHandNews
kinetic
Marc™
AtownPeep
mindfuck
CatEyes10736
17 posters

High school Reunions

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

High school Reunions Empty High school Reunions

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:15 pm

My 10th year HS reunion is coming up this year and I'm really sketchy about if I even want to bother. Not because my HS experience was bad or anything, but because I transferred schools for my senior year so I didn't have a long, memorable experience at that particular school. Did you go to your class reunion?
    mindfuck
    mindfuck
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

High school Reunions Empty Re: High school Reunions

Post by mindfuck Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:34 pm

My 15th class reunion is actually this year but I doubt I'll go. Went to my 10th reunion and was bored by the whole thing. 1/2 the people who showed up I didn't even remember and the one's who did I didn't really have anything to say to. Many of who I was kinda looking forward to seeing again weren't there.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Anybody I wanted to keep up with after school I pretty much did. I'm really not pressed to see anyone else I went to high school with again, so no I wouldn't go. In fact I didn't. My 5th year high school reunion was five years ago and I didn't bother.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:28 pm

^ +1.

The year of my HS reunion I totally forgot about it, but I wouldn't have went anyway. Facebook is enough for catching a current glimpse of people you went to school with, and haven't seen in, over a decade ago.
    kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

Post by kinetic Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:40 am

I graduated in '08 so my HS reunion is 8 years from now. Really I still see a ton of people I went to school with in the area. At the gas station at the mall, etc.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:08 am

Riley you'll sporadically see former classmates on a semi regular basis for about the first 4 years or so after graduation as after HS many still live at home with their parents for a while. After about that 4-year mark that's when you'll start seeing them less & less as then they start getting jobs, getting married, having babies and moving away from the area. Then suddenly you won't see them at all.

Sorry for getting off/subject there.

I actually went to my 10 yr. HS reunion a few years ago and had a decent time catching up with a few people. Let me tell you something about reunions...even after all the time that passes, many of the same cliques gravitate to each other and some of the same "group mentality" and showing off that existed in HS tends to reconvene at the reunion. Suddenly being back in the same orbit can eerily make some people revert back to that certain attitude/personality they had years ago. The classmates you didnt like before you still won't like because even though a decade has past, you still can recall not liking them and you instinctively go back on the defensive. So there was some of that at my reunion. But overall I had a good time at mine.
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 am

AtownPeep wrote:Anybody I wanted to keep up with after school I pretty much did. I'm really not pressed to see anyone else I went to high school with again, so no I wouldn't go. In fact I didn't. My 10th reunion was 2 years ago and guess where I wasn't...

Ditto.
    Rule Breaker
    Rule Breaker
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Rule Breaker Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:14 pm

:x

Hell never. I had a miserable time in high school and have no desire to see any of them again. The only way I'd go to my class reunion is if somebody paid me.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:19 pm

So the message I'm getting here is that HS reunions really aren't worth it. Which is sort of what I suspected already. Like I said, my reasoning for not wanting to bother lies mostly on the fact that I wasn't at that school but for one year, didn't have a lot of friends there and pretty much expect to be bored at a reunion.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:42 pm

My 10th was a few years ago, and I chose not to go. As stated by someone else here, I kept in touch with those who I was meant to and the rest who were on the fringe of that, I have now caught up with on FB, so I have no desire to attend any in the future. But, I won't paint myself into a corner with that statement. If we have a 70th reunion, I will most likely attend just to see who's still kickin'.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Maybe I will attend the twentieth reunion, but I skipped my tenth without any regret.
    MFD10
    MFD10
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by MFD10 Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:44 pm

I didn't attend mine, but I had since moved, so I doubt that my old HS knew how to contact me for an invite. Oh well.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:58 pm

HS reunions are obsolete in the era of Facebook. Doubt I'll go to mine.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:02 pm

bump
    My respond to Shale in the other thread about faded friendship made me recall this thread for earlier this year. I went ahead and went to my school reunion but didn't have that great a time like I sort of predicted. It was awkward and boring. I asked this before but I'll bring it up again for anyone who didn't see it. Have you attended any of your class reunions or would you?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:11 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote: bump
    ... Have you attended any of your class reunions or would you?
    I've missed all my high school reunions (the 40th was in 2003). I left St. Louis 3 days after graduating and haven't lived there since, so it was not convenient to make the trip for such an occasion from New Orleans or Miami.

There are probably about 6 ppl I would like to see where they've been and where they're at, but that was about it. Just visited the area this fall and located a guy who I hung out with a lot. Talked to him on the phone and he was about 20 miles away, but we were unable to connect.

I guess if I ran into anyone who turned out as weird as me we could probably stay friends. I have a Webpage that quite candidly shows my life history and when I send the link to ppl who knew me back when, I never hear from them again.

Hey, somebody else from a class of 500 has to have been a nudist, bisexual, ex-hippie who married outside his race, right?
    blank stare @ you
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 am

I went to my tenth reunion had a pretty good time, but I refuse to go to the five year reunions. Once every ten years is good enough.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:22 pm

I went to mine and it was a lot of plastic smiles, puffed out monkey suits and a few people who unsurprisingly were now life cynics, but honestly it wasn't all that different from how it used to be back then, just faker.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:34 pm

I went to my 20th and 30th. It was painless. I guess it depends on how your HS experience was to begin with.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm not planning to go to any of my H.S. reunions. I have no desire to see my ex-classmates again. I imagine it's just a bunch of people standing around talking about boring crap and trying to build themselves into more than they really are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:56 pm