CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete Empty Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete

Post by Chris Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Do you think parents who opt to raise their children with more grown up realism as opposed to pushing more childhood naivete are doing a service or disservice to their child?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete Empty Re: Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete

Post by Shale Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

IDK. I was raised believing in Santa Clause, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. But, I still enjoy fantasy and watch Spider-Man, Superman, and other portrayals just as silly.

Kids have a high potential for fantasy creations and I don't think it hurts to feed into that. I have also been quite creative - coulda been because I was allowed to experience fantasy as a reality when I was a kid.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete Empty Re: Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:07 pm

A little shielding for the harsh realities of the world isn't all bad. Yeah, teach them not to take candy from strangers, etc., and answer their questions honestly but let them be kids while they can. They'll have to be adults a lot longer than they get to be kids. Hopefully.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I think anybody who's ever seen Miracle on 34th Street knows the answer to that one.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:A little shielding for the harsh realities of the world isn't all bad. Yeah, teach them not to take candy from strangers, etc., and answer their questions honestly but let them be kids while they can. They'll have to be adults a lot longer than they get to be kids. Hopefully.

Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete 35166

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:53 am