CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RedBedroom
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
7 posters

How would you raise your kids differently?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How would you raise your kids differently? Empty How would you raise your kids differently?

Post by Supernova Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:09 pm

If you have kids or if you DID have kids, how would you raise them differently from how you were raised?

I wouldn't raise my kids to be afraid of so much, or to be so narrow minded about so many things, and if they had an interest in something, I wouldn't let the fact that I didn't like it be the deciding factor in the matter.

How about everybody else?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

How would you raise your kids differently? Empty Re: How would you raise your kids differently?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:13 pm

I can't say I'd raise 'em too differently. I might be a little more available to them and try to yell at them less. There are little things here and there I'd do. But I don't think it would be radically different.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How would you raise your kids differently? Empty Re: How would you raise your kids differently?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:00 pm

The hugest thing that I do differently with my son is that I teach him so much. My parents never taught me basic things. I had to figure out so much on my own because my questions were mostly always brushed off.

It doesn't matter what he asks me, I find out how to explain it, even if I don't know the answer myself.

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:26 pm

My parents were awesome. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to do nearly as good a job. They encouraged us and supporting us and have always been there for us. When I was a kid, my friends would sit around complaining about their parents, and I'd wrack my brain, trying to come up with something. I was really into dancing as a kid and my Mom spent hours sewing my different costumes while my Dad spent hours with my brother on the courts and travelling to tournaments.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:59 am

I would keep them on a shorter leash than the one my parents had me on.
    I was really a free spirited child and got to do more than I probably should have.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm not as strict as my own parents were. I try my best to be 'fair,' not a push over, certain things my kid will never get away with, but fair. My own parents were pretty uptight and overbearing as I was growing up; sometimes it was like pulling teeth to get them to let me do the most basic of things. As a result, my older sister grew up repressed and I grew up being naive.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:56 am

I wouldn't be as overbearing and would encourage them to have more individuality (me, my sibs and cousins were all raised with more of a GROUP mentality because we come from a huge family. I want my kids to come up with their own ideas and pursuits).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:53 am