CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
Impact
Marc™
Suzi
Shale
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Chris
13 posters

Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors? Empty Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors?

Post by Chris Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:45 am

When you were in high school, did your school have security or metal detectors? Mine did. It wasn't the case for the first few years, but I'm remembering plain clothes security guards roaming around during my senior year.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors? Empty Re: Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors?

Post by Tony Marino Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Not when I went they didn't.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors? Empty Re: Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:52 pm

LOL, no.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:01 pm

ROFLMAO!

IDK if metal detectors were even available in the early '60s. Never saw one.

And, a few years ago I visited my old HS, drove in without a check, walked into the bldg without being challenged by anyone and found myself in the main hall surrounded by teenagers. Finally made it to an office to ask if it was alright to take pix of the bldgs.

Somehow the dreadful happenings in the real world haven't yet made it to St. Louis County.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Not only did they not have such things the idea of a school needing one was not even in the realm of thought. Who would shoot up a school?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:11 pm

I don't remember metal detectors, but there were security guards. They had a station right next to the front door.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:16 pm

We didn't have security guards at our high school.

In 1960 Midwest America many of our male teachers were in the reserves or had been in the military. They took care of discipline. I do remember one punk pulled a knife on one of our crew-cut assistant principles, who immediately disarmed him and held him 'til the cops got there. Guns were only used in the movies.

Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors? 2010Sep16kRitenourHiWeb
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Suzi wrote:Not only did they not have such things the idea of a school needing one was not even in the realm of thought. Who would shoot up a school?

Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors? Columbine%2Bshooting

But no, there weren't any security gaurds or metal detectors when I was there. Who knows if there are now.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:58 pm

No metal detectors, but we had security.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Shale wrote: ROFLMAO!

IDK if metal detectors were even available in the early '60s. Never saw one.

And, a few years ago I visited my old HS, drove in without a check, walked into the bldg without being challenged by anyone and found myself in the main hall surrounded by teenagers. Finally made it to an office to ask if it was alright to take pix of the bldgs.

Somehow the dreadful happenings in the real world haven't yet made it to St. Louis County.

Sure they were
    Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors? Mines31
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 pm

No, we didn't and they don't now either. But the shools here do. My son's Jr. high has police full time.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:51 pm

No to metal detectors and security gauards.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:57 am

we didnt have either. About ten years later, they got security guards after my sister threatened a teacher who humiliated her son on his birthday. LOL
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Impact wrote:

Did your high school have security gaurds/metal detectors? Columbine%2Bshooting

But no, there weren't any security gaurds or metal detectors when I was there. Who knows if there are now.
    When I was in high school in the 50's we never dreamed anyone would take a gun to school or shoot up the place. It just had never happened. That was what I meant when I said "Who would shoot up a school", we would never have dreamed about the school shootings that have happened in more modern times.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:43 pm

I keep forgetting that happened on my wife's B'day cries
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Same as a few others have said, we didn't have metal detectors, but there were security guards. I remember one guy was really short and just kind of lingered about, not doing much, but was chummy with many of the students. Had no idea what he was there for, until it was pointed out that he was security. Somebody remarked that he was shorter than many of the male students, but it turns out that he was a professional boxer who had been in the marines. During the last few days of my senior year, I remember him breaking up a fight in the halls. So there you go.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:04 pm

No. We had dinosaurs patrolling the halls. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:06 am