CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Shale
RedBedroom
6 posters

How do you think Sandy has affected the election, if at all?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How do you think Sandy has affected the election, if at all? Empty How do you think Sandy has affected the election, if at all?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 am

I am curious what you think.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

How do you think Sandy has affected the election, if at all? Empty Re: How do you think Sandy has affected the election, if at all?

Post by Shale Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:54 am

Well, it helped bump some of the election bullshit coverage by dominating the news for 3 days. I don't think it affected it at all.

We can only hope that all the fools voting for Mitt focus on the fact that he said he'd get rid of federal disaster aid. blank stare @ you
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

How do you think Sandy has affected the election, if at all? Empty Re: How do you think Sandy has affected the election, if at all?

Post by CeCe Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Shale wrote:

We can only hope that all the fools voting for Mitt focus on the fact that he said he'd get rid of federal disaster aid. blank stare @ you

co-signs It may have changed Chris Christie's vote.

But definitely. People need to remember that. Can you imagine something like this without FEMA?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 pm

I just made a comment on the Happy Halloween thread. I hope I get to vote!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:I just made a comment on the Happy Halloween thread. I hope I get to vote!

I hope so too Alan. Are there any reports there about the likelihood of that? All I've read are reports of the election possibly being postponed. 5 days is not a lot of time with so much damage.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:12 pm

I doubt it had much of any effect at all aside from keeping some people away from the polls in numbers small enough that it really won't affect outcome much. The states hit were almost all solid blue states and will stay solid blue states. The swing states like PA and OH that got hit weren't hit nearly as bad as the blue coastal states, so at worst, disenfranchised dems (or Dems who actually want their party to have a future) might just stay home, tipping the scales in favor of the energized GOP. But even that's a stretch. The only affect the storm really had on the election was taking politics out of the news for 2 days, and maybe a few photo ops that nobody cares to see.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:14 pm

I didn't and I knew it wouldn't have had much of an effect. Now....had the storm hit the swings states as hard as it did NY and NJ, best believe Congress would've stepped in and had it postponed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:44 am