CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
7 posters

Guys, what age were you when you learned how to tie a tie?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Guys, what age were you when you learned how to tie a tie? Empty Guys, what age were you when you learned how to tie a tie?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 am

This is a skill my son and I need to figure out this month because he has to wear one in a few weeks! Hope it's easier than I am guessing!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Guys, what age were you when you learned how to tie a tie? Empty Re: Guys, what age were you when you learned how to tie a tie?

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm

thinking 9 or 10? Red, if the lad can learn to tie his shoes, he can learn how to tie a neck tie.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Guys, what age were you when you learned how to tie a tie? Empty Re: Guys, what age were you when you learned how to tie a tie?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Alan Smithee wrote: thinking 9 or 10? Red, if the lad can learn to tie his shoes, he can learn how to tie a neck tie.

No, Al, he's still rockin' the Velcro.

Just kidding!! Good to know it's easy, though!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Please try not to loose your patients
    Guys, what age were you when you learned how to tie a tie? 9198142-business-man-hanging-himself-with-his-tie
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:08 pm

LOL, Thanks Al! You saved me the legwork of locating a good video. Now, I have to go purchase a tie this weekend. Hope to find one at a resale shop.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 pm

I was gonna say my mom taught me how to do a half Windsor at about 10 or so and that's the tie I've been using ever since.

Gotta remember that you will be learning the woman's way. If you want to learn the man's way you will have to stand behind him. I can't tie a tie on someone else without standing behind them. (sorta like touch typing - I don't know where the letters are on a keyboard but my fingers do)

Now, I may go learn how to tie a full Windsor like grown men do. (or go get a clip on like I had with my dress blues in the Air Force)
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Is there a special occasion coming up Red?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Cheaps wrote:Is there a special occasion coming up Red?

No, cheaps, it's actually pretty frustrating. This is his last year in Jr. High band. And for their Christmas concert she always let them wear their band polo shirt, black jeans and whatever shoes. This year, she wants black DRESS SHOES, red dress shirt, black dress pants and a black tie. Since he has none of that, it's going to be nearly $75. I'm most upset about the shoes because at his age, the feet are growing fast so it is very likely these shoes will be worn one time.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 pm

I see, well maybe you can get a pretty cheap price shoe (or outfit) at a second hand store or something? Also, are clip-on ties any less expensive?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

No, cheaps, it's actually pretty frustrating. This is his last year in Jr. High band. And for their Christmas concert she always let them wear their band polo shirt, black jeans and whatever shoes. This year, she wants black DRESS SHOES, red dress shirt, black dress pants and a black tie. Since he has none of that (not unless you were raising a pimp), it's going to be nearly $75. I'm most upset about the shoes (Ha! Try finding white shoes for a 7 year old boy who has to make his first holy communion. I think my mother resorted to white shoe polish.) because at his age, the feet are growing fast so it is very likely these shoes will be worn one time.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Cheaps wrote:I see, well maybe you can get a pretty cheap price shoe (or outfit) at a second hand store or something? Also, are clip-on ties any less expensive?

The problem with getting the shoes at a resale place is he would have to go with me and he is working Saturdays. I would hate to get something that doesn't fit right since I can't return it. I am going to look for the shirt and tie at resales tomorrow. The pants we lucked out on as we found a great looking pair at Marshalls last weekend for only $10.

Would you believe the teacher told the boys that Kohls should have everything they need for a good price. Well, Kohls can be pricey if things are not on sale and I don't have a 30% off coupon.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 pm

19. I had to learn this in basic training.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Good for Mom, Al. She made do without breaking the bank. My friend's son wore white shoes to homecoming and she said they were very, very expensive. But he's in a man's size so at least they had an option to buy them. I am guessing white shoes are not readily available for a 7-year-old. Especially before the Internet shopping was an option.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:52 am

May we expect to see pictures? Smile
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:28 pm

I think I was around 8 or 9 when I was able to do it myself.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:May we expect to see pictures? Smile

I'll try my best to remember to post one!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Pleeeeease! big grin (There. I've used the magic word.)
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Pleeeeease! big grin (There. I've used the magic word.)

Be honest, Al, you just want to make sure I don't buy him a clip on!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

Ever see Animal House?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:17 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

Ever see Animal House?

Many, many years ago, so the reference to the movie in this situation is lost on me!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

RIGHT ON!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:07 pm

I learned how to tie a tie at 26.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:44 pm