CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Bob Marley's grandson is a high school football star, headed to Tulane

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Bob Marley's grandson is a high school football star, headed to Tulane Empty Bob Marley's grandson is a high school football star, headed to Tulane

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 pm

I wonder if anyone here is interested in this thinking
    http://now.msn.com/bob-marley-grandson-nico-to-play-football-at-tulane
    Bob Marley is an international icon for reggae fans, free-spirited musicians and — let’s be real — stoners. His grandson, Nico, on the other hand, seems like he’d be more likely to hang out with the preppie varsity crowd at his high school than the kids with posters of his granddad up on their walls. Nico, who boasts a 3.75 GPA, is on track to become a linebacker at Tulane once he finishes his impressive football career at Cypress Bay High School in Weston, Fla., where he’s now team leader. His coach, however, sees a family resemblance to perhaps both grandpa and former Canadian Football League linebacker dad, Rohan Marley: "He has that Marley spirit, just something so strong that gets us all going."

Nico Marley stands only 5-feet, 8-inches, but he is a dynamic 190-pound package, according to Cypress Bay (Weston, Fla.) head football coach Mark Guandolo.

The senior linebacker, who committed to Tulane University this week on Twitter, is the son of former Miami University star Rohan Marley and the grandson of music legend Bob Marley.

Guandolo told MaxPreps, "If he was 5-11 or 6-0, he'd have every offer in the country. He's real excited about Tulane and I think he's going to help them right away. He led our team in tackles and tackles for loss. He's a phenomenal player from sideline to sideline. He's our team leader and really reminds me of his dad at Miami.

"He's the hardest worker. He can squat 500 pounds, bench 345 and power clean 290. For his size, he's really explosive. He's really intelligent and calls all our plays. He's one of the best I've ever coached. He's got that Marley spirit, something inside that you can't coach."

Cypress Bay went 8-4 last season before losing to Miramar in the second round of the playoffs. Miramar made it to the title game.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Bob Marley's grandson is a high school football star, headed to Tulane Empty Re: Bob Marley's grandson is a high school football star, headed to Tulane

Post by Cheaps Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Nice
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Bob Marley's grandson is a high school football star, headed to Tulane Empty Re: Bob Marley's grandson is a high school football star, headed to Tulane

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 am

Yeah, I saw this earlier. I don't like the way they wrote that article.

But whatever. Athletics is in the boy's blood. Bob was a very good soccer player as well, and could've played pro if he wanted to. Congrats to Nico though! Handsome boy and a smart one. Looks better than his father, but not better than grandpa!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:11 pm