CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Minerva
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Shale
Supernova
CeCe
Chris
12 posters

How would you react to your gay teenage son dancing with his male friend at a family function?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Question How would you react to your gay teenage son dancing with his male friend at a family function?

Post by Chris Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 am

If your teenage son, who you didn't know was gay (or weren't totally sure) brought his long time friend (who seemed platonic) to a family function (like a wedding reception) and suddenly started slow dancing with him, how would you react? This happened on Ugly Betty.

In the clip, everyone sort of looked on, smiled and quietly approved. Can you imagine that your reaction would be similar, or would you intervene and demand that they stop (considering it to be a spectacle?)
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Question Re: How would you react to your gay teenage son dancing with his male friend at a family function?

Post by CeCe Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:52 am

I would probably be able to tell but even if it had gotten by me I'd be fine with it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Question Re: How would you react to your gay teenage son dancing with his male friend at a family function?

Post by Supernova Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 pm

CeCe wrote:I would probably be able to tell but even if it had gotten by me I'd be fine with it.

This. Hell, by the time I have a kid that age, it won't be a shocker anymore anyway.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 pm

CeCe wrote:I would probably be able to tell but even if it had gotten by me I'd be fine with it.
    co-signs

(If his BF was over 18 and cute, he'd have to keep an eye on Daddy!) big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54 pm

co-signs
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:19 pm

There must have been more to that episode than was actually shown in that clip. I would be fine with it as long as he was.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:49 pm

If I had absolutely no idea (which prob. wouldn't be likely), I'd be like the rest of the guests: "what the fuck?" But I wouldn't make a spectacle. We'll definitely have a conversation afterwards however.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:31 pm

I would have been a bit disappointed that he never mentioned the relationship beforehand. I never had kids but if I did, I think I would have liked to know male or female what their relationships were with there friends. That;s the way my parents were with my sisters and me.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:08 am

i would have the same reaction to him dancing with a female--- if they were slowly grinding... type of sexy dancing. if it was normal dancing... no one making out... then i'd be fine.
    TheEnglishButterfly
    TheEnglishButterfly
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by TheEnglishButterfly Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Chris wrote:If your teenage son, who you didn't know was gay (or weren't totally sure) brought his long time friend (who seemed platonic) to a family function (like a wedding reception) and suddenly started slow dancing with him, how would you react? This happened on Ugly Betty.

In the clip, everyone sort of looked on, smiled and quietly approved. Can you imagine that your reaction would be similar, or would you intervene and demand that they stop (considering it to be a spectacle?)

I wouldn't give a damn. I'd give my son a hug and say "As long as he treats you good I won't beat his ass!" And any family or friend that objected to them would get a swift kick out of the gathering.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 am

I didn't watch the clip, but I would be disappointed if my son decided to reveal being gay at a function. It wouldn't bother me a bit that he is gay, but that he opted to not tell me prior to busting it out to people that mean nothing to him at the same time I find out. That would really hurt. And I think I would feel the same if he took a mic from a DJ and declared some girl as his girlfriend. I should be privy to things that are important to him before a room full of people he may or may not know is.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 pm

I remember when that first aired and tearing up.

I know if my son did something like that I would have no problem with it and I doubt my immediate family would either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:56 pm