CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
TSJFan4Ever
Nystyle709
Chris
femme fatale
9 posters

Would you be happy with a 2% raise?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Would you be happy with a 2% raise? Empty Would you be happy with a 2% raise?

Post by femme fatale Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:53 pm

That's all the company said they could afford to give people. I've heard that not everyone is even getting the 2% and that some are getting nothing and others getting a little more. However, I can't help but feel a little cheated since they downsized a lot of people and I took on extra work with no complaints and all I'm getting is 2%. The same as other colleagues that don't do shit but walk around sipping coffee and socializing. Should I just be grateful because of the economy or what?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would you be happy with a 2% raise? Empty Re: Would you be happy with a 2% raise?

Post by Chris Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:15 pm

I entered my industry right when the economy was turning, and for the last eight years I have gotten 1 and 2% raises (plus annual company bonus) and was grateful just for that. Last year was an exception when I got at 3.5% raise so I was really happy.

But then we took across-the-board paycuts last year and realized my annual salary was way out of whack for my profession and I had been "nice and understanding" long enough. I then had to do what I had to do.

So yes, be grateful.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Would you be happy with a 2% raise? Empty Re: Would you be happy with a 2% raise?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 am

Be grateful you got a job and they're giving any kind of raise at all. I'm pretty sure they can afford to give you more than that but of course, they're going to use the economy as an excuse. Just try not to burn yourself out and if better opportunity comes along, take it. I'm in the process of trying to get a new gig and I'm frustrated at all the hoops I have to jump through to get it, but I'm just grateful that I'm even able to get a new gig right now.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:49 am

I would say that in these times, I would be more than happy with a 2% wage and glad that I wasn't cut. When our budget is being cut, and we're all taking on extra work, I'm just glad that I still have a job so a 2% increase would be welcomed and appreciated.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:42 am

I guess it depends on how much you were earning to begin with. If you were content with your pay rate, and then got a 2% raise, you'd be happy....but I can see how a 2% raise would mean jack shit to someone who was being paid minimum wage.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:47 pm

We haven't had raises for 3 years. It was put to us simple: WE can keep most of the employees and no one gets a raise, or we can cut people and those left may get an increase. We chose option B and I'm glad. There are a lot of people out there with nothing. I don't think it's a "beggars can't be choosy" thing so much as a case where you have to realize the overall conditions. Everyone in your office is under the same roof so they tried to be equitable.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:45 pm

femme fatale wrote:That's all the company said they could afford to give people. I've heard that not everyone is even getting the 2% and that some are getting nothing and others getting a little more. However, I can't help but feel a little cheated since they downsized a lot of people and I took on extra work with no complaints and all I'm getting is 2%. The same as other colleagues that don't do shit but walk around sipping coffee and socializing. Should I just be grateful because of the economy or what?

I'm really getting tired of having to be "grateful" for the being treated like a doormat crap, because the economy is in the sewer.

Just accept the BS 2%, but don't do anymore than what the folks who are drinking and socializing are doing. As you see, it's not earning you any brownie points and please don't think management will give a fuck during the next round of cost cutting.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:05 am

2% raise is a 2% raise. As long as the entire country isn't getting the same raise, thus making the raise fairly useless, it's a good thing.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:53 am

I just started my job 3 weeks ago, so hell yeah I would be happy with a 2% raise. It would be better than nothing!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:28 am