CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
Nhaiyel
Impact
Nystyle709
SkwirtB
Wadsworth
kinetic
Marc™
Spsl19
FightSleep
Tony Marino
AtownPeep
Chris
16 posters

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -

Post by Chris Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:17 pm

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Nightmare-elmstreet-newlogo-tsr- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Freddy10

Discuss all things Freddy related here!

IMO, some things shouldn't be touched. A Nightmare on Elm Street is one of them. Not thrilled about the idea of Freddy being played by someone other than Robert Englund. I would have been all for another Nightmare sequel, but I'm skepticle about the remake.

Last edited by Doyen on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -

Post by AtownPeep Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:09 am

It looks like they're setting it up so that he wasn't guilty in the beginning of molesting/killing children? And he seems kind of... slow? I can't tell if I love or hate that idea. It does look pretty not-horrible, though.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:53 pm

AtownPeep wrote:

It looks like they're setting it up so that he wasn't guilty in the beginning of molesting/killing children? And he seems kind of... slow? I can't tell if I love or hate that idea. It does look pretty not-horrible, though.

Saw the trailer in the theater it looked pretty good.
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:00 am

I'm willing to give it a chance. The production value alone (compared to the original) makes it look worth checking out. A plus is that the previews makes it seem like we see the dudes equally terrorized by Freddy in their dreams as the girls. The original film totally glossed over it and focusing just on Tina and Nancy being stalked. I don't think anyone can play Freddy as well as Englund did, but Haley seems like a worthy successor anyway.
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Favorites: from best to worst

Post by Spsl19 Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 pm

My rank:
    1 ) A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
    2 ) DREAM WARRIORS
    3 ) DREAM MASTER
    4 ) FREDDY VS. JASON
    5 ) DREAM CHILD
    6 ) FREDDY'S DEAD
    7 ) FREDDY'S REVENGE
    8 ) NEW NIGHTMARE
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Best heroine

Post by Spsl19 Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:17 pm

IMO is Alice. She fought Freddy twice AND lived to tell about it.
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Freddy vs. Jason -- who won?

Post by Spsl19 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 pm

I say Freddy won.
    He held his own much better at CCL than Jason did in the boiler room. Also, Freddy was the last man standing. Jason fell into the water.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:21 am

Freddy won the actual fight, but Jason (since he was able to physically walk away) arguably won the war.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Freddy's Nightmares marathon on Chiller (March 2)

Post by Chris Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:26 am

This coming Tueday, there's gonna be a marathon of Freddy's Nightmares episodes on Chiller, from 8am to about 5pm.
    (Why they took it off the regular schedule is beyond me.)
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:39 am

Trailer two:
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty The most over & under rated sequels

Post by Spsl19 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 pm

IMO WCNN is the most overrated of the series (even if its not technically part of the continuity.) It's amazing how a movie so loud can be so boring. The most underrated is probably Dream Child. Even if it's one of my least favorites, it still had a good story!
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Does Dream Master get an unfair rap?

Post by Spsl19 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 pm

I notice a lot of cynicism toward Dream Master from Nightmare fans, but IMO it's one of the best of the series (AND it was the time Freddy actually killed someone with his glove).
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Best Freddy makeup

Post by Spsl19 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:26 pm

I think it was perfect in Dream Warriors. After so obviously tinkering with what look would work in parts 1 & 2, they got it right for 3. Freddy pretty much looked exactly the same in part 4, but there was something about his look for part 3 that was extra chilling that was never seen before or after. I dunno what it is.
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Does Freddy ever really come out the dream world?

Post by Spsl19 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 pm

In just about all the movies, the make some elaborate show of trying to "pull" Freddy out of the dream world and into reality, where he'll have less power. But does anyone really think that this ever happens? I don't. I don't think Freddy is ever pulled into reality. I think it's always a dream, just maybe a smudged one at that point.
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Have you ever had a nightmare starring Freddy?

Post by Spsl19 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:46 pm

I've had so many Krueger nightmares that my friend told me that I'm basically fantasizing about him at this point. lol 😆
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Patricia Arquette's Kristen v. Tuesday Knight's Kristen

Post by Spsl19 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Which one did you prefer? I liked TK's Kristen better myself. She was more lively and spirited. PA's Kristen was came off like a real zombie/tree stump.
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Are you content that Alice survived Freddy, or...

Post by Spsl19 Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:15 am

...would you have liked to see her eventually get killed off?
    Spsl19
    Spsl19
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Freddy Speaks (1992 Showtime Special; hosted by Robert Englund)

Post by Spsl19 Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:32 am

Faded but still cool. Haven't seen this since it originally aired on Showtime back in the early 90s.

Part 1:

Part 2:
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:10 am

I'm definitely seeing it. I don't care if that makes me a traitor to the original series. I don't have especially HIGH expectations, but the trailer looks interesting.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 am

My theory is that Freddy being pulled into "the real world" is a smokescreen that happens as a result of the protagonist being in the stage 1 or 2 sleep cycle (i.e. nodding off.) Ultimately, yeah, it's always a dream. He's sometimes able to make things happen in the real world, but again I think that is usually the result of his victims being tired.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:15 am

According to the actress who played Alice, they were intending to bring her back for FvJ -- where she would finally get deaded -- but that obviously didn't happen. I liked that she survived. I love the relationship between Freddy and Alice. It's so sibling-rivalry oriented...with them constantly trying to one-up the other.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:18 am

You're right, Warriors and Masters for the most part was the same makeup (same artist.) What probably made him look slightly different in part three is that Freddy was backed by dimmer (more orange-y) back light. Plus he frowned more.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:26 am

I hate to say it, but Jason won. Doyen is right...Freddy kicked Jason's ass in the fight, but since Jason (despite major help from Lori and John Ritter's kid) was able to walk away with Freddy's severed head when all was said and done. The ending with Freddy's head winking suggested that the story wasn't over, and that he had a trick up his sleeve, but the NOES remake pretty much kills the prospect of a FvJ-2...so ultimately Jason remains the indefinate winner.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:34 am

Yeah, a few.

I once had a dream I was watching Sanford and Son and Lamont turned into Freddy. Another time I dreamt that I was at the mall at around 1am, with no one else in the whole building but me and Freddy...which was freaky, because this particular mall is huge, so I never quite knew where he was lurking.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - Empty Looks like New Freddy will still have a bit of wit

Post by Chris Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:37 am

"Why are you screaming? I haven't even cut you yet!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:54 pm