CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
Nhaiyel
Impact
Nystyle709
SkwirtB
Wadsworth
kinetic
Marc™
Spsl19
FightSleep
Tony Marino
AtownPeep
Chris
16 posters

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -

Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 3 Empty Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -

Post by Nhaiyel Tue May 04, 2010 3:31 am

I saw a little bit of it reviewed on At The Movies; they basically said that while the movie excels on cinematography, it falters on plot, and that the new Freddy wasn't as unnerving as Robert was in the original. And I can believe it. From the trailers I've seen, it comes off a bit CW-esque, while the new Freddy seems a bit boring.
    Alden
    Alden
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 3 Empty Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -

Post by Alden Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Saw it yesterday. I was disappointed. It wasn't scary. The characters were never developed especially Nancy who brought nothing to the the table. Her acting was poor and she was not even remotely attractive. The new Freddy didn't look or sound right. The kill scenes were boring and predictable. I hated the fact that they made Freddy just a child molester, and not the kid killer he was before. The only bright spot in the movie was the character Tina. The actress who played her should have been Nancy instead.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 3 Empty A Nightmare on Elm Street

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:13 am

What do you think of the movies?

I have not seen the remake, and I have no intention to. I have seen 1 through 5, saw part of 6 and New Nightmare but couldn't make it all the way through them, they just got (if you'll believe it) too crazy for me.

1. Considered to be the best of them all and by some, the only good one. It's good, but it, and like all its followers, disgusting in parts, but nothing that can compare to the books.

2. Laughably bad but I do think it had some true potential.

3. My favorite, but almost NOTHING at all like the version used for the novel adaptation, but this is the one that's said to have had the most script treatments for it, so I have to wonder what the other ideas were like.

4. Up there with 3, and I love the opening music.

5. This one's just plain silly, but does have a few likeable qualities to it.

How about everybody else?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:31 am

I'm a huge fan of the original series. I think Robert Englund played Krueger to perfection and gave him a swagger that easily makes him one of the most charismatic and memorable horror icons of all time. The only film that I really don't care for is New Nightmare. It was just too all over the place, convoluted and took itself way too seriously. Far as the remake goes, I still haven't seen it. I wasn't at all in favor of it, so I boycotted the theatrical release. I'll watch it when it comes on cable though.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:18 pm

I saw the remake and its actually not bad at all. I liked the original Nightmare but this one can hold a candle against it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:40 pm

In order, my favorites are: 1, 3, 4, 8 (Freddy vs. Jason), 5, 6, 2, 7
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 3 Empty Nightmare on My Street

Post by Marc™ Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:01 pm

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:55 pm

LOL!
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:16 pm

RE explains how he does Freddy's voice.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:07 am

Being a fan of One Life to Live – a soap opera – I absolutely despise when other soap fans get up in arms about a replacement actor taking over an established role. Since it is so common, I think that soap fans should be versed enough to handle such a thing and roll with it (until the new actor proves that they are unsuited.) However when it comes to Freddy Kruger, I'm like the worst soap fan. I honestly don't appreciate seeing anyone else in the role except Robert. Very Roger Howarth fan-ish of me, I know, but I can't help it. He is Freddy to me. Even if the other actor is good, I'm just not interested in another portrayal.

Thanks for the clip Gray.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 am

Chris wrote: However when it comes to Freddy Kruger, I'm like the worst soap fan. I honestly don't appreciate seeing anyone else in the role except Robert. Very Roger Howarth fan-ish of me, I know, but I can't help it. He is Freddy to me. Even if the other actor is good, I'm just not interested in another portrayal.

Exactly, like it's so easy to replace whoever was Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees EVERY single time because it didn't matter who was behind the mask, their purpose was to breathe heavily and kill people, that's all. Freddy, they gave a personality to, and the personality is as individual as the person who has it, and Robert Englund made it his own.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:44 pm

* Watching Dream Warriors now *
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Marc™️ wrote:* Watching Dream Warriors now *

thats the best one Smile
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm kinda in the mood for Freddy today.

Pick a number....1-7....
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Tony Marino wrote:1

Ahhh....

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 3 A%2BNightmare%2Bon%2BElm%2BStreet%2B%25281984%2529

"I'm your boyfriend now Tony....Nancy"
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:38 pm

The first one was the best.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 1:00 am