CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce Empty Re: Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce

Post by Marc™ Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce
    Posted Mar 21st 2011 2:30PM by Kathy Iandoli

Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce Ginuwine-456-032111
    Tiffany Rose, WireImage

R&B songstress Aaliyah Haughton would have turned 32 years old back in January. After her
    tragic death in 2001, many female artists drew comparison to the R&B singer with fierce dance moves.
    However, if you ask Ginuwine, Beyoncé is the artist that reminds him most of Aaliyah.

"Aaliyah was in a class by herself," Ginuwine tells The BoomBox. "If
    you're talking triple threat of a writer, singer and actress, that
    would probably be Beyoncé. If Aaliyah were still here, she and Beyoncé
    would be neck and neck."

Beyoncé's career with Destiny's Child was already thriving when Aaliyah was alive.
    The trio released their self-titled debut in 1998, and Aaliyah passed just three years after
    that. Both also went on to pursue acting alongside music. Aaliyah added
    actress to her resume with roles in 2000's 'Romeo Must Die' and a lead
    role in 2002's 'Queen of the Damned,' which was released after the
    singer passed away.

The DC front woman had parts in films like MTV's 'Carmen: A Hip Hopera
    in 2001,' along with ancillary roles in 2002's 'Austin Powers in
    Goldmember' and 'The Fighting Temptations' a year later, before really
    driving the point home with her riveting roles in 2006's 'Dreamgirls'
    and 2008's 'Cadillac Records,' which really solidified the artist's
    position as a serious actress. While Aaliyah's life was cut short and
    she was unable to continue her career, Ginuwine is confident that Miss
    Haughton would have been equally successful.

While the Aaliyah comparisons with newer artists still float on today,
    Ginuwine says it's nothing to shun. "Ain't nothing wrong with that," he
    says. "I think everyone should aspire to be someone great, and that was
    one of the greats. Aaliyah was one of the great ones."

Source: http://www.theboombox.com/2011/03/21/ginuwine-says-aaliyah-would-be-neck-and-neck-with-beyonce/?utm_source=feedburner
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce Empty Re: Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Honestly, I think Aaliyah would've been bigger in movies. She was a pretty good actress and would've been a great one had she been given the time to grow and perfect the craft. I really loved Aaliyah as an artist and enjoyed her music, but I don't think she was much of a 'performer'. Let me rephrase that. A *live* performer. As much as I don't care for Beyonce most of the time, she is a performer. She can put on a show. That's why her tours be selling out.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:10 am

i think aaliyah woulda been bigger in movies as well, as far as music goes, aaliyah woulda always been bigger than beyonce (at least in my eyes) .. i dont really care for beyonce either, but i agree wit nystyle, the bitch can sell out arenas.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm

I doubt it, simply because her team was never that aggressive in promoting her; at least nowhere near to the same extent Beyoncé's machine does. I think if she had lived, she would have become like a Vanessa Williams-type. An 'entertainer' who started off singing, but gradually focused more and more on acting, while still putting out the occasional album in between acting gigs. I will say that Aaliyah had the potential to be a *much* better actress than Beyoncé.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:06 pm

I think Aaliyah had the potential to be a superstar; whether that meant being almost as big, equal to, or bigger than Beyoncé is trivial. With time her talents continued to make obvious strides, and by the end of her life, her name was becoming more and more recognized in the mainstream media. But Chris is right, she could only go so far under the team that was handling her career. Blackground and Barry Hankerson has a terrible reputation in the business. They are control freaks who dream big, but are notorious for fumbling the ball, and have alienated many industry contacts…and sadly, I think Aaliyah would have fallen victim to their mishandling. If she had branched out from her family's management, and allied herself with more competent and focused business people, there's no doubt in my mind that she could have become a huge superstar. However, I don't think she would have easily done that.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce Empty Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce

Post by Marc™ Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:38 am

Who knows....but Aaliyah didn't strike me as aggressive enough for super stardom in vain of Beyonce. She seemed like type who would say "enough", and take a 5 year break.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:44 am