CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Chris
8 posters

(Picture this) Would you enroll your kid in school?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

(Picture this) Would you enroll your kid in school? Empty (Picture this) Would you enroll your kid in school?

Post by Chris Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:11 am

Let's say you have two kids. The oldest is five years old. His birthday is in November. The youngest is four, his birthday is in October. The cut off for starting school in your state is October 16, which is right after the youngest has his birthday, and right before the oldest has his. So the older will be five turning six when he goes to Kindergarten, the younger, will be four turning five, assuming you start him the same year. What do you do? Do you start the younger kid this year and have both kids in the same grade together, or do you hold him back a year?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

(Picture this) Would you enroll your kid in school? Empty Re: (Picture this) Would you enroll your kid in school?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:35 am

It'd depend on the maturity level of the kid, to be perfectly honest. And since I'd probably be homeschooling them anyway, it'd be simple enough to do a test phase too.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

(Picture this) Would you enroll your kid in school? Empty Re: (Picture this) Would you enroll your kid in school?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:52 am

Start the both in the same year.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 am

IDK how to answer this but it actually happened to me. My B'day is in November and consequently I was about a year older than most of my classmates.

Not a prob for a mild-mannered nerd, because adolescent years are dynamic in growth and I was bigger than a lot of the more aggressive types who woulda liked to bully me - but didn't dare.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:40 am

That's a tough one. It really depends on a lot, but my first thought is that I would not. I think that the separation of grades would benefit the kids. It gives them a better sense of individuality than if they are a year apart and in the same grade. Academically they would be treated a lot like twins do, but the kids wouldn't have a twin bond, so there could be resentment on either end.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:41 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Start the both in the same year.

co-signs

It would be the more practical and convenient route to take.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:23 pm

This is why my mother homeschooled us, my birthday's in October and my brother's in December, so we would've both been 6 to just start kindergarten, by that time we were both in the 2nd grade. And that's why I'd homeschool my kids too, one reason anyway, those stupid age limits are very idiotic.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:22 am

I'd put them both in the same class. It's much more convenient to have two kids at the same grade level....that way you don't have to deal with 2 different sets of teachers, curriculum, etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:17 pm