CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Cheaps
Nystyle709
wants2laugh
7 posters

Ever had a paranormal experience?

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Ever had a paranormal experience? Empty Ever had a paranormal experience?

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:30 am

When i was 14, I was walking my 2yr old nephew from my mom's to my sister's house. We had to walk past this old abandoned house with an overgrown yard. It was around 7pm and was dark.

As we were walking, Joey started waving towards the house. I asked what he was waving at and he said, "The man other there". I was freaked cause i did not see anyone and started walking faster. The kid started pointing behind us and said, "he's coming faster". I started running up the street, threw the kid over my sis' fence cause the gate was too far away and ran to the front door! The kid saw "shadows" and people until he was about 6yrs old. After his younger brother was born, the younger one started seeing "people". To this day it freaks me out to think about.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Ever had a paranormal experience? Empty Re: Ever had a paranormal experience?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:50 am

I think I have, but I can't remember it right now.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:45 pm

no i don't think i have.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:11 pm

It's hard to tell. There was one night when I was 14 that I will not forget. It was about 1 o' clock and it was winter, so it was light out from the snow and the street light on the corner, and I looked out, and I saw a shadow of what looked like a person, standing in the side yard next door...and I know nobody would've been out there in the middle of the night in the middle of winter. And I had laid down to go to sleep, and my bed started moving across the floor. I think it got about 3 inches across before I jumped out and pushed it back.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:15 pm

No.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Supernova wrote:It's hard to tell. There was one night when I was 14 that I will not forget. It was about 1 o' clock and it was winter, so it was light out from the snow and the street light on the corner, and I looked out, and I saw a shadow of what looked like a person, standing in the side yard next door...and I know nobody would've been out there in the middle of the night in the middle of winter. And I had laid down to go to sleep, and my bed started moving across the floor. I think it got about 3 inches across before I jumped out and pushed it back.

and you found THAT difficult to tell??

The younger nephew used to dream that he was a black 18yr old soldier in "vet nam"-- he wasnt even 3 yet. He would scream "i was shot in the throat and they left me there". it was really freaky. One night his fever spiked, he had a seizure and died. The paramedics revived him and he never had the dream again. But for months he insisted he was a black soldier in "vet nam"
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:38 pm

I don't know about paranormal, but I sometimes do get this very very eerie since of déjà vu. It's like I have been in this moment before.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Those are pretty scary stories! Never had a paranormal experience but I had a friend who used to see ghosts. She even had a really cool theory about it. She figured that ghosts were really gaps in space and time - that we were seeing a window into the past and that's why they were often dressed in old fashioned clothing and also why they often didn't pay attention to us and weren't aware of us.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:13 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

and you found THAT difficult to tell??

Well yeah but you don't think anybody ever believed me when I told them, do you? It was always that condescending 'ohhh kaaaaay'.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:16 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Those are pretty scary stories! Never had a paranormal experience but I had a friend who used to see ghosts. She even had a really cool theory about it. She figured that ghosts were really gaps in space and time - that we were seeing a window into the past and that's why they were often dressed in old fashioned clothing and also why they often didn't pay attention to us and weren't aware of us.

cool theory. Would love to think that time travel is possible and that someday i would be able to visit the past.

@supernova - I believe you without an oooohhh kkkkaaayyy bear hug
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:19 pm

laughing Thanks, it's nice to have SOMEBODY finally take me seriously about it.

At that time winter seemed to be THE time the ghosts moved in, we have doors that push into the walls and pull out, and they would bring themselves out at night, these old things don't ever do ANYTHING on their own, all of a sudden they're popping out of the walls. And we'd go crazy trying to find little things that disappered, one day I was in the back room and heard something fall, it was a plastic bag of...I don't remember what now, something we had been looking for, and was NOT in that room a minute earlier.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:26 pm

one night i had my 3 nephews spent the night. We popped popcorn and watched movies--kiddie movies cause they were young. Then when i went to get more popcorn, the youngest (who had the dreams) said to me "Dont worry about the guy in the kitchen, he won't hurt you". I told him there was no man in the kitchen and he insisted, "the guy with the blue suit, he's in there for real, and its ok".

years later i saw a picture of a guy that had died in my house during the 60s, and he was wearing this ugly blue suit! jaw dropz
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Wow.

W2L, do you read any of Leslie Rule's books about hauntings in America? I've read a couple of them and found the cases mentioned very interesting. There was one where a couple was haunted by the ghost of a 12 year old girl, this was in 1990, one thing she left behind one time was a dime from 1991 which they had analyzed and found out it was perfectly legal tender. Another was a college student who had a ghost who would do his dishes and let the cat out while he was in class all day. And there was also a hotel mentioned once where a ghost goes around tucking the guests in for the night, go figure.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Supernova wrote:Wow.

W2L, do you read any of Leslie Rule's books about hauntings in America? I've read a couple of them and found the cases mentioned very interesting. There was one where a couple was haunted by the ghost of a 12 year old girl, this was in 1990, one thing she left behind one time was a dime from 1991 which they had analyzed and found out it was perfectly legal tender. Another was a college student who had a ghost who would do his dishes and let the cat out while he was in class all day. And there was also a hotel mentioned once where a ghost goes around tucking the guests in for the night, go figure.
    Never heard of the books... sounds interesting though. If a ghost wants to come do my housework for me, he is absolutely welcome to. I knew a woman who claimed that a ghost would make her coffee in the morning as long as she put the coffee in the pot the night before-- who knows.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:38 pm

They're good. Leslie Rule writes about true hauntings, and her mother Ann Rule writes about true crime; very interesting mother/daughter team there.

Another case Leslie pointed out was how ghosts help solve crimes. In the 70s there was this mother who was married to an abusive husband and they had several kids, and the mother was a bitch too, they had gotten back custody of a 5 year old girl they about beat to death (what the hell?) and one night she wet herself and the stepfather DID beat her to death, and they covered it up. Some years later, the case of an unknown dead girl came about, and...what do they call those people who recreate what homicide victims look like? One of those guys, he had a dream about what the dead girl looked like and he recreated her face, and it was that girl's face exactly, even with them never having any leads on who she was or what she looked like.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:48 pm

hmmm interesting. i have many ann rule books. love true crime.

i once read a book in which a woman heard "you're all gonna die" come over the baby monitor. She wanted to leave the house, but the husband insisted on staying. Weird things started happening. If I heard "you're all gonna die" come from anything, I'm gone! hubby can stay if he wants to! eeek!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:46 pm