CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
9 posters

People who are born into wealth

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

People who are born into wealth Empty People who are born into wealth

Post by Chris Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:59 am

Do you have a cynical reaction to people who are inherently wealthy? Do you feel that their lives are as sincere/fulfilled as people who have had to struggle to earn what they have?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

People who are born into wealth Empty Re: People who are born into wealth

Post by CeCe Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 am

It doesn't bother me that they HAVE money. What's really unacceptable to me is when that money prevents them from being civilized compassionate human beings who have no concept of reality.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Somewhat, but it all depends on the individual. You can't expect compassion and reality from someone who never had to have it. It's great when a rich person does but you should'nt expect it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Chris wrote:Do you have a cynical reaction to people who are inherently wealthy? Do you feel that their lives are as sincere/fulfilled as people who have had to struggle to earn what they have?

It dosen't bother me at all people born into money. I don't think their lives are as fulfilled as someone that really had to struggle to get what they have since it would be appreciated more than someone who just gets anything they want without money worries.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 pm

If they don't flaunt it or waste it, it doesn't bug me.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Their wealth doesn't bother me, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't see their never having to earn, struggle or fret over trying to maintain a certain basic day to day lifestyle as slightly callow.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 am

i once saw an interview with prince william and harry... and they seemed like really warm compassionate sincere people... and when asked a question about the difficulties of being in a celebrity type of lifestyle... they said, "when u have everything it is hard to complain about anything because there are so many with so little.... the most difficult things have to do with the press and never knowing whether your friends/dates are interested in you or just being with royalty".

in that interview they came across as the most honest and down to earth people with money that i ever viewed. if only everyone with money felt that way.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm

There are a few exceptions but most of the time they're reality show star's waiting to happen.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Chris wrote:Do you have a cynical reaction to people who are inherently wealthy? Do you feel that their lives are as sincere/fulfilled as people who have had to struggle to earn what they have?
    Cynical

I've only ever personally known one person who was "born into wealth" and as nice as a guy as he was, he still had a very different (one might say ignorant) world view in my opinion. He was 24 years old and didn't know how to do his own laundry! He was actually in the Air Force and I served along side him. But I resented the fact that he didn't always take his job seriously (because he didn't have to). The military was his "second job" as far as he was concerned because he inherited his father's safe/vault manufacturing business. I learned a lot about the mentality of "rich people" (especially the kind who were born that way) after spending time with this individual. Things that most "normal" people would consider priorities in life (ie: family, friendships, photo albums, Christmas vacation, etc), he didn't seem to care that much about. And the things that he considered more important (material possessions, the american express "black" card, $10k golf clubs, etc) were all nonsensical, non-relevant things that I don't care about. We worked together and has similar tastes in movies and a similar sense of humor, so we got along. But beyond that, we had nothing in common and a completely different outlook on life.

For all his wealth, I wouldn't trade places with in a minute. He has very poor social skills (zero tact; inability to make long lasting friendships) and in some ways seems disconnected with reality. Or at least, everyone else's version of reality. He seems like he is "content" with his lifestyle because it's all he's known. But he doesn't strike me a someone who will every truly be "happy" because he doesn't value any of the things that goes towards making people happy throughout their lives. Life is a big financial game to him. A balancing act of how he can go about getting every material thing he wants while still "making" money in the process. That's his life and if you ask me, that a pretty pathetic one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:21 am