CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Marc™
8 posters

If the Draft Was Ever Reinstated, Should Women Get Drafted Along with Men?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

If the Draft Was Ever Reinstated, Should Women Get Drafted Along with Men? Empty If the Draft Was Ever Reinstated, Should Women Get Drafted Along with Men?

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:45 am

If the country went to went to war and reinstated the draft, do you think women should be drafted too?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

If the Draft Was Ever Reinstated, Should Women Get Drafted Along with Men? Empty Re: If the Draft Was Ever Reinstated, Should Women Get Drafted Along with Men?

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:24 am

If they reinstated the draft I say everybody move to Canada. You see how many people have joined the military willingly over the past few decades? Why would the government need to bring back that gun to put to the public's head?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

If the Draft Was Ever Reinstated, Should Women Get Drafted Along with Men? Empty Re: If the Draft Was Ever Reinstated, Should Women Get Drafted Along with Men?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:11 am

Why shouldn't they draft women? It'd be sexist not to draft women. It'd go against all the "equal rights" arguments and would expose a huge hypocrisy to not draft women.

That being said, I am vehemently opposed to a military draft with a pretty strong passion. I think it's probably one of the most foolish things a country can do, especially with the current crop of people.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:42 am

No.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:14 am

Yes, young women should be put at risk the same as young men. We no longer fight with truncheons and swords -women can wield the light-weight weapons of modern warfare so put them in the fray and let them come home in body bags just like the boys. What's the difference which youth's life gets cut short. Maybe it would make the asswipes in Washington reconsider going into frivolous wars.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:38 am

Sure why not?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Certainly. They're allowed to enlist as volunteers. They're even suing the government to lift the ban on combat duty.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 am

Shale wrote:Yes, young women should be put at risk the same as young men. We no longer fight with truncheons and swords -women can wield the light-weight weapons of modern warfare so put them in the fray and let them come home in body bags just like the boys. What's the difference which youth's life gets cut short. Maybe it would make the asswipes in Washington reconsider going into frivolous wars.

the weapons/gear is not all THAT light weight. My man told me that depending on his mission, he could be carrying about 80pounds on him. That being said, I myself have to throw sacks of mail that weigh that much all damn day... so not saying it can't be done, but most women (and some men for that matter) are not as strong as i am.

As far as a draft... sure. Make it mandatory. It might teach kids some discipline and give them some goals that their parents are not teaching them now! Plus, our troops are exhausted. back to back, and extended deployments are causing the suicide rates to rise, as well as PTSD. Before these guys can even get help, they are being shipped back off to war. The average army deployment during vietnam was 1yr, but until 2008 during these long afghanistan/iraq war, the average was 15months... then it was changed back to 1yr. Infantry men deploy much more often than admin jobs, and these are the guys in combat. Our men/women are still fighting the longest war we have ever had, and 12,000 per month are effected by the Stop-loss policy which prevents them from separating from the army when they are supposed to.

And women in combat is not a new thing. I had a woman neighbor who used to fly missions during WWII. She said she was terrified because the women were not permitted to be armed, and flew missions to allow men pilots to fly in combat missions. However, she had told me stories that the enemy had a funny way of determining what was a "combat mission" and what was not. She was fired upon quite often and had no way of firing back. I think i would prefer that women be kept in medical/admin jobs though. there are many families today in which BOTH parents are deploying and the kids are left at home wondering if one or both of their parents will be killed. For this reason, i truly believe that only one parent should deploy at a time.

I'm going to shut up now
    http://www.npr.org/2010/03/09/123773525/female-wwii-pilots-the-original-fly-girls

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:08 pm