CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Marc™
Chris
8 posters

When people show up unexpectedly?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

When people show up unexpectedly? Empty When people show up unexpectedly?

Post by Chris Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:19 am

How much does it bother you when people show up at your door without prior notice?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

When people show up unexpectedly? Empty Re: When people show up unexpectedly?

Post by Marc™ Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:27 am

How much it annoys me depends on who it is and why they stopped by....but for the most part it's rude to not call, even if you're only a few minutes away, to give some kind of heads up. Hell, we're in the era of cellphones.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:41 pm

It bothers me a great deal. I think it is such a rude thing to do. Even before cell phones, I would stop at a pay phone to say I am in the area and want to stop by for whatever reason.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Marc™ wrote:How much it annoys me depends on who it is and why they stopped by....but for the most part it's rude to not call, even if you're only a few minutes away, to give some kind of heads up. Hell, we're in the era of cellphones.

This. A 'surprise' visit can be a pleasant surprise......but I'd much rather you call and let me know. Gives me time to straighten up if I have to.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rainmaker Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:32 am

About 3 years ago someone I briefly dated 5 years before that arrived unexpectedly at my door just to say "Hi" because they were in the neighborhood, and guess who answers? My wife! It was a very uncomfortable. I really wish she had called.
    Jaws
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 7

Post by Jaws Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:40 am

It doesn't bother me at all! Then again, I live in an apartment by myself, and NEVER have visitors. It sucks, I've been really lonely here lately.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:41 am

Rainmaker wrote:About 3 years ago someone I briefly dated 5 years before that arrived unexpectedly at my door just to say "Hi" because they were in the neighborhood, and guess who answers? My wife! It was a very uncomfortable. I really wish she had called.

That is really ballsy of your ex!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:53 am

Rainmaker wrote:About 3 years ago someone I briefly dated 5 years before that arrived unexpectedly at my door just to say "Hi" because they were in the neighborhood, and guess who answers? My wife! It was a very uncomfortable. I really wish she had called.

head explodes
    Were you at home at the time?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:14 pm

If its my family I don't care anyone else, call first.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:23 am

Depends on who it is. What bothers me more is when my house is a mess.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:37 am

LMAO! And ya know what.....I did the same thing to this guy I was actually seeing. Turns out he had another chick over there too and I heard her in the living room telling him someone was at the door. And then she said "Marcus, someone is at the door sweetie". What?! LOL, he didn't even answer it. After standing outside for about 5 minutes waiting for him to answer it, I left.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:24 am