CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Alan Smithee
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters

What is the most tiresome and irritating 'small talk' topic?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What is the most tiresome and irritating 'small talk' topic? Empty What is the most tiresome and irritating 'small talk' topic?

Post by Chris Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:59 am

What subject do people tend to bring up when they're looking to make small talk that you'd rather not discuss?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

What is the most tiresome and irritating 'small talk' topic? Empty Re: What is the most tiresome and irritating 'small talk' topic?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:42 am

Politics.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

What is the most tiresome and irritating 'small talk' topic? Empty Re: What is the most tiresome and irritating 'small talk' topic?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 am

"Dating anybody?"
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 am

The weather. "Hot enough for you?"
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Politics and the weather.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 pm

The weather! Though it does amuse me to a point. People talk to no end about weather. I get a kick out of somebody asking something like, "Have you guys gotten a lot of rain at your place?" Then you proceed to tell them and they respond like it was the most interesting info they got that day!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:05 am

Anything that my brother comes up with because 95% of it is all small talk and it's the same things every day, 'did you sleep well?', 'when're you having breakfast?' 'You having pancakes?' 'what're you drinking?' 'what're you eating?' 'what're you watching?' 'What're you reading?' etc.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 pm

When I don't like small talk is when they're just bringing it up just to avoid or prolong the more serious conversation or whatever that needs to be done. It's like, "shut the fuck up and let's get to it".
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 am

For me, it's not really the topic, because I hate small talk with strangers in general and will shut it DOWN. Im.Me.Di.Ate.Ly. The venue is what gets my goat.

The most annoying is the lady in the bathroom who just won't shut the fuck up. I hope on an off chance she's reading this LOL. She would probably follow me into the stall if I gave the ok. I don't know why she won't take my silence as an indicator that I came to tinkle in solitude, not answer questions like, "Who's your manager? Do you like your team? Have you ever eaten downstairs? Where do you live? What do you drive? Is your sh!t brown or more greenish-brown?" Damn lady I don't know, all these questions got me thinking you've got some other motive and now I can't get anything to come out because I'm concentrating too hard when all I wanted to do was tinkle!

Second runner up--small talk at the gym. For obvious reasons, it's just not the time. One lady interrupted my stretching to ask me if I had just finished my workout or did I plan to do more. I'm already pissed cuz she asked a question that required more than a head movement. But really....why do you need to know this? Do you want my side of the stretching floor? Did we ride together? Geez.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:57 am

I hate it when people say 'What's good?' or 'Tell me something good.' I'm like, you first.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Chris wrote:I hate it when people say 'What's good?' or 'Tell me something good.' I'm like, you first.

Heh. My favorite text greeting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:43 pm