CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
TSJToddFan
TSJFan4Ever
Tony Marino
Jason B.
8 posters

Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? Empty Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?

Post by Jason B. Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Nelson Branco is hinting in his column that a "source" says that OLTL is going to be cancelled in Dec. NB tends to be wrong and rumors of OLTL's cancellation always lead to a dead end, but I just wanted to share.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? Empty Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 pm

I have heard nothing.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? Empty Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:31 pm

This rumour surfaces every now and then. I don't put much stock in it, considering the source.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 3

Post by TSJToddFan Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 pm

The soap community gets off on predicting OLTL's demise. It's been that way for the last 20 yrs. The show should have been cancelled a dozen times over, to let the rumors and "sources" tell it. I think ABC is happy with its 3 soap lineup. Unlike the other networks, they make more money from their shows because they self-produce and don't have to pay out licensing fees. That alone buys them more time than a show like ATWT, even if the ratings are bad.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:18 am

Heard it all before. OLTL should have been cancelled years ago to let the speculators speak on it. Eventually it WILL be though, so I guess one day they'll finally be right.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 am

NB always seems to do this every few months. I am sure when OLTL does get cancelled, he'll pat himself on the back for predicting it. (Gosh, maybe I should predict that some day, a specific person will die and then credit myself for being a prophet when they do. Razz )
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 pm

When was the last time the shows imminent cancellation was not the word? If Nelson Branco were a doctor, he would be a quack. He said that Guiding Light would not cancelled, and it was. Folks are better off believing the exact opposite of what he predicts and reports.
    Always
    Always
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Always Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 am

From SOD.com:

There Are No Plans To Cancel OLTL!
    Soap Opera Digest investigated the rumor making the rounds at the Emmys last weekend that OLTL is being canceled, and discovered that it's not true! The "reliable source" responsible for getting the gossip started isn't so reliable after all. Contrary to a story circulated at the event, there are no plans to cancel OLTL.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Always wrote:From SOD.com:

There Are No Plans To Cancel OLTL!
    Soap Opera Digest investigated the rumor making the rounds at the Emmys last weekend that OLTL is being canceled, and discovered that it's not true! The "reliable source" responsible for getting the gossip started isn't so reliable after all. Contrary to a story circulated at the event, there are no plans to cancel OLTL.

cheers (rah) cheers (rah) cheers (rah) cheers (rah)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:05 pm