CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Kral
ForeverJash
Chris
7 posters

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of December 20, 2010)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of December 20, 2010) Empty OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of December 20, 2010)

Post by Chris Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:49 pm

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of December 20, 2010) Onelif10
    For the week of December 13, 2010
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of December 20, 2010) Empty Re: OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of December 20, 2010)

Post by ForeverJash Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm not a Marty fan, but I don't know why Todd thinks she set him up for Eddie Ford's murder. Marty is so detached from that story that it feels awkward that they're bothering to sweep her up in this.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of December 20, 2010) Empty Re: OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of December 20, 2010)

Post by Kral Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Today made me realize that OLTL has nothing going on right now that I'm truly interested in.

I don't care about Eddie Ford's murder
    I don't care about the Bora-Inez triangle
    I don't care about the college quad (Langston-Ford-James-Starr)
    I don't care about Marty's bitterness
    I don't care about Joey-Kelly-Aubrey.
    I don't care about Matthew and his chipped shoulder.
    I don't care about Destiny's grandparents lying to her.
    I DEFINITELY don't care about John and Natalie.

The Viki and Echo thing I could like IF it wasn't about deadwood like Charlie and Rex. I could be somewhat interested in the Brody-Jessica baby thing, but John and Natalie overshadow it and drag it down.

I like TnT, but the writers having them on autopilot and doing a whole lot of nothing. The writers REALLY need to get their act together and start investing in BETTER characters and BETTER stories, else they're gonna keep losing viewers.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Marty is SUCH an absolute idiot! I wouldn't put it past her to try and set Todd up, given her behaviour and the way she was going on today and the fact that she knows Nora and John would jump over the chance to get Todd and do all they could to convict him. Marty really has lost it. I can't stand her. They're turned her into a bitter, one-dimensional psycho who's totally lost it, which is why I could see her trying to frame Todd. I think they're throwing Marty into it in the same way Blaire was through into TnT - no storyline for her otherwise, so they're bringing her in no matter how forced and unnaturally it seems. Todd knows how irrational Marty is and with her assaults on him and the threats she's made and the way he's acting, I can see him thinking it was her.

ITA about the rest of OLTL, though. I didn't even bother setting my tape when I left. I'll watch when I can, but not go out of my way. Y&R is the one I'm more interest in, as Todd is my ONLY interest in OLTL at the moment, though I like StarrJam and Dani, and Langston/Ford is growing on me. The rest of it, though, is a cure for insomnia.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Marty is SUCH an absolute idiot! I wouldn't put it past her to try and set Todd up, given her behaviour and the way she was going on today and the fact that she knows Nora and John would jump over the chance to get Todd and do all they could to convict him. Marty really has lost it. I can't stand her. They're turned her into a bitter, one-dimensional psycho who's totally lost it, which is why I could see her trying to frame Todd. I think they're throwing Marty into it in the same way Blaire was through into TnT - no storyline for her otherwise, so they're bringing her in no matter how forced and unnaturally it seems. Todd knows how irrational Marty is and with her assaults on him and the threats she's made and the way he's acting, I can see him thinking it was her.

ITA about the rest of OLTL, though. I didn't even bother setting my tape when I left. I'll watch when I can, but not go out of my way. Y&R is the one I'm more interest in, as Todd is my ONLY interest in OLTL at the moment, though I like StarrJam and Dani, and Langston/Ford is growing on me. The rest of it, though, is a cure for insomnia.

Yep. The show is 90% sludge right now. I barely remember the episodes after I watch them. Today was so boring. Even Todd and Marty's scenes were dry, and they are usually charged up. John playing the excited fiancee who wants to announce his and Natalie's engagement. What the hell was that?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 pm

ForeverJash wrote:I'm not a Marty fan, but I don't know why Todd thinks she set him up for Eddie Ford's murder. Marty is so detached from that story that it feels awkward that they're bothering to sweep her up in this.

Just another excuse to bring Todd and Marty together in the same scene to show that they have the best chemistry when together.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:57 pm

Why was Natalie in such a hurry to tell Marty her and Johnny are getting married, like who cares anyway? Natalie comes storming into Marty's house and tells Todd to get out. I really really really can't stand Natalie, I wish they would get her off the show, go visit the McBains in Washington State for a few years.

Whats with Viki being such a woos, I would have told Charlie, leave the house with Echo and don't come back. The old Viki would have done that in a heartbeat. I hate to see that Dumb as a deer in the headlight look Charlie make a fool of Viki.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:01 pm

I agree. I *hate* the manipulative passive aggressive control Charlie is exerting over Viki where Echo is concerned. There's no way Viki should be expected by anyone to give that woman a place to stay. Even if she is Rex's mother, so what? If Charlie is that concerned about her having a roof, let him pop for her a room somewhere.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Chris wrote:I agree. I *hate* the manipulative passive aggressive control Charlie is exerting over Viki where Echo is concerned. There's no way Viki should be expected by anyone to give that woman a place to stay. Even if she is Rex's mother, so what? If Charlie is that concerned about her having a roof, let him pop for her a room somewhere.

Then "Chuckles" would be spending time in Echo's room thus further provoking Viki and making a big fool out of her.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:28 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Chris wrote:I agree. I *hate* the manipulative passive aggressive control Charlie is exerting over Viki where Echo is concerned. There's no way Viki should be expected by anyone to give that woman a place to stay. Even if she is Rex's mother, so what? If Charlie is that concerned about her having a roof, let him pop for her a room somewhere.

Then "Chuckles" would be spending time in Echo's room thus further provoking Viki and making a big fool out of her.

That's very true, I thought of that too. I have no doubt that Echo having a room somewhere would prompt Charlie to spend more time there than at Llanfair, and ultimately misbehave. I guess Viki is in "keep your enemies closer" mode. It's a shame, because part of me actually wants to like Echo, because I like Kim Zimmer, but Charlie is just making this a drag. The story was better when it focused on Echo's past history with Viki and Clint (who was more interesting warding her off than this thing with Bo/Nora/Inez). Soon as Charlie became dominate, it lost something.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Chris wrote:

That's very true, I thought of that too. I have no doubt that Echo having a room somewhere would prompt Charlie to spend more time there than at Llanfair, and ultimately misbehave. I guess Viki is in "keep your enemies closer" mode. It's a shame, because part of me actually wants to like Echo, because I like Kim Zimmer, but Charlie is just making this a drag. The story was better when it focused on Echo's past history with Viki and Clint (who was more interesting warding her off than this thing with Bo/Nora/Inez). Soon as Charlie became dominate, it lost something.

Agree. Maybe because i just don't like Chuckles I feel more resentment for what he is doing to Viki. Todd needs to intervene, one session with him and Echo will be moving into Serenity Springs Spa.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Chris wrote:Yep. The show is 90% sludge right now. I barely remember the episodes after I watch them. Today was so boring. Even Todd and Marty's scenes were dry, and they are usually charged up. John playing the excited fiancee who wants to announce his and Natalie's engagement. What the hell was that?

It really is and JOhn is looking like a total idiot right now - more so than usual, I mean. It's only a matter of time before he dumps Natalie, the way he always does. I doubt he's even capable of love.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Why was Natalie in such a hurry to tell Marty her and Johnny are getting married, like who cares anyway? Natalie comes storming into Marty's house and tells Todd to get out. I really really really can't stand Natalie, I wish they would get her off the show, go visit the McBains in Washington State for a few years.

Whats with Viki being such a woos, I would have told Charlie, leave the house with Echo and don't come back. The old Viki would have done that in a heartbeat. I hate to see that Dumb as a deer in the headlight look Charlie make a fool of Viki.

The problem with this storyline is that my hatred for each women is about equal. I can't stand either one. In fact, there are hardly any women on the show that I like, anymore. ITA about sending the McCriminals off but Washington's a little close to me - can't we sent them off too... oh... Sibera? Greenland? The Sahara? It's amazing how much TPTB hjave ruined John Boy and turned him into an absoltue cretin who thrives on breaking the law.

Last edited by TSJFan4Ever on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Charlie is really annoying me. Viki deserves better. If he's too dumb to see what Echo's doing, then he deserves to be stuck with her, esp. whenthe truth comes out and he learns she lied about Rex being his son.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Agree. Maybe because i just don't like Chuckles I feel more resentment for what he is doing to Viki. Todd needs to intervene, one session with him and Echo will be moving into Serenity Springs Spa.

I like Kim Zimmer, too, but am really not liking Echo or Charlie at the moment. I'd love to see Todd go all Todd on Echo but the spa sounds too nice for her.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Marty thinking she's not vindictive? They really have turned her into a cold-hearted bitch who thinks she's better than everyone else. It's sickening listening to her rant on and pretend she's all innocent when she raised a son who has two murder attempts and a murder, assaults and drug convictions under his belt and he's not even 20 years old. Marty is a nasty, vindictive, selfish, heartless bitch who cares for no one but herself. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad that Marty and John's child didn't live, or she'd have destroyed that child with her vengeful hatred and this baby would have been even worse than Cole, because Marty wasn't so full of hatred and thoughts of revenge when he was growing up, though it's hard to imagine her any other way. Marty is pathetic and natalie's not much bette.r Both of them deserve a creep like criminal John.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Read a brief recap of today's eppy and I'm not even goig to boether wasting time watchign, even though TnTnD are on. The rest of the storylines are sickenging and I have NO interest in ReRon having the Thee Stooges goign after Todd again, though Borea see more focussed on her recovery at the moment but I just don't feel like watchign a show that is doing little more than annoying me right now. Y&R is far better - I'm enjoying it, unlike OTLT.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Just open the box Blair.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Marty's swear:
    "I swear that I will not tell John that his fiancée is a lying slut, who is carrying Brody Lovett's baby and passing it off as his own!"

LMAO!
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:20 pm

I am just amazed that Marty can't see her part in all of Cole's mess in failing to get him the much needed help he needed. He has been crying out for help every since she brought him to this town and on top of that being a therapist, she should have seen what was happening to him and put a stop to it instead of blaming other people and getting upset because he is not getting yet another free pass. He should have been made to pay for his crimes and he wouldn't be where he is right now. Marty hold more blame than anyone here.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:43 pm

I think that's part of the reason I was on Natters side for awhile - Marty's own huge failure when it came to her blindness in seeing her son for who he was and getting him the help he needed. Cole and Marty are most to blame for where Cole is now - Cole for his multiple crimes and lack of remorse and Marty for failing to see the truth and get her son the help he needed. I also blame John and Nora, too, for failing to see the truth about Cole - that he's a violent, heartless thug who lacks a conscience. Marty is one of the true villains on the show.

ITA about how Blaire just needs to open the box. I couldn't care less about what's in it. Even if I liked Blaire, the way they've dragged this out and made such a big deal out of it would have totally turned me off.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Im enjoying Marty being the villainess and Natalie deserves it all. Even though I don't like Johnny I think he should know the truth, even if its not the truth. I would hate to see Jessica get caught up in all this mess and have the other people in her head come forth again.

Cole was already a thug and a troublemaker before Marty got her memory back but I agree, she should have gotten the potatoe faced criminal some help but I still think he would have shot Eli anyway since he thought Starr and Hope had gotten blown to bits.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 pm

I agree that Marty is *much* better as a villainess than a self-righteous victim. The messed up part, though, is that we all know that this is John's baby Natalie is carrying, so in the end, Marty's behavior will only backfire on her.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:39 pm

I wonder how long it will be though before they find out that its Johnny's baby? In the meantime I am enjoying seeing Natalie squirm, I must have a touch of sadism in me because I look forward to Marty's tormenting her.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 pm

My guess is that it'll happen right after it's born, before John even hears Natalie's secret. From there Natalie will probably be all high and boastful over how her lie wasn't a lie after all.

I'm loving every second of Natalie's torment too, though. It's the *only* thing interesting about this storyline (or at least the Jolie part of it.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:41 pm