CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
wants2laugh
Bluesmama
Chris
8 posters

Fun things you did with your parents.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Fun things you did with your parents. Empty Fun things you did with your parents.

Post by Chris Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:23 pm

When you a kid, did you and your parents ever have any 'fun' activities and pastimes that you did together on a regular (or semi-regular) basis?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Fun things you did with your parents. Empty Re: Fun things you did with your parents.

Post by Bluesmama Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:27 pm

No. My parents were not the playful types. We did spend summer vacations in Santa Cruz, which are my favorite memories growing up. And we did a lot of Portuguese festas from spring early-fall (a big thing in Central California), which I also enjoyed.

My dad and I would play checkers once in awhile. I do remember "reading" to my mother a lot. She somehow managed to tolerate listening to stuff she couldn't have cared poo about.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Fun things you did with your parents. Empty Re: Fun things you did with your parents.

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:29 pm

my mother "tried" to take us to amusement parks and outings. But she had such a bad sense of direction that we rarely got there. Once when we were on our way to Busch Gardens, she took a wrong turn and wound up on a hidden military base. The guard came to the gate with a M16 type of weapon and pointed at the car. Yelling and screaming at her to about face. She kept asking him for directions and he said that if he told her, then she would know where the base was, which was top secret. He kept yelling and she kept whining and crying --- and the five of us kids were screaming and crying..... now its funny
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Play Jeopardy

Take roads trips

Play board games

Go out to the movies/dinner/amusement parks

Typical shit....
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:28 pm

My beloved grandmother would take me to the beach, to museums, sometimes on hikes up the beach. She taught me card games and never gave an inch so I had to get good at them. She also had a really wild sense of humor that also helped me a great deal. When I was 5 though she did the most wonderful thing she could have done for me, she took me to the library and got me a library card. I loved her then I love her and miss her now.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Not really. I had some great times with my maternal grandfather.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Me and my mom used to have fun watching the stories together.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:46 pm