CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
Bluesmama
RedBedroom
7 posters

A regular visitor to your home gives you the largest, ugliest painting....what do you do?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Question A regular visitor to your home gives you the largest, ugliest painting....what do you do?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:43 am

What do you do if someone who comes to your home on a regular basis thinks he/she is giving you a great gift, but it is a large painting you can't stand...what do you do?

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Question Re: A regular visitor to your home gives you the largest, ugliest painting....what do you do?

Post by Bluesmama Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:59 am

Well. . .

Someone who visits me regularly should have an idea of the art work I like, based on the paintings and drawings and I have on display. If that person gave me something I consider ugly then he/she was not observant. I wouldn't hang it, I can tell you that. I'd probably tell that person up front that it isn't my style, just to prevent awkwardness later of it not being hung. It's my house and I shouldn't have to look at something that hurts my feelings.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Question Re: A regular visitor to your home gives you the largest, ugliest painting....what do you do?

Post by Shale Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:09 am

RedBedroom wrote:What do you do if someone who comes to your home on a regular basis thinks he/she is giving you a great gift, but it is a large painting you can't stand...what do you do?
    Sounds like someone watched The Big Bang Theory on Thursday.

Fortunately, no one gives me art unless they were artist friends who knew I liked a piece. So, my walls are full of my own art and that of my artist friends.

No room - diplomacy problem solved.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:21 am

Shale wrote:
    Sounds like someone watched The Big Bang Theory on Thursday.

Fortunately, no one gives me art unless they were artist friends who knew I liked a piece. So, my walls are full of my own art and that of my artist friends.

No room - diplomacy problem solved.

Shale...that is so what inspired this question!

We have a signed jersey on our wall from a wonderful young man who raced pro moto but did not reach the top level and scaled back in favor of education. It has been years and his jersey will be in any home I live in, framed on the wall as it has been since he was lining up with the best.

The reason is he respected my son so much.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:26 am

It would accidentally break somehow after they had gone.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:20 am

I would tell them how much I appreciated the gesture but that I couldn't display it because it made a mutual friend jealous and sad. What happened on this Big Bang thing you guys are talking about?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:21 am

big grin
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:09 pm

We were given a large antique rattan childs rocking duck , any value was shot when it was refinished. It sat out on our deck for a year or so when a friend came along and "stole" it . Fortunately that weekend our park had a park wide yard sale, so I conveniently blamed it on one of the yard sale goers. They know Saturdays we are our yard sailing so of course we didn't see who "stole " it.
    A regular visitor to your home gives you the largest, ugliest painting....what do you do? DSC00580
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Give it back and tell them thanks, but no thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:18 pm