CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+17
CatEyes10736
RobbieFTW
Kral
Chris
Impact
JM130ELM
Marc™
RedBedroom
JeanMerc82
Jason B.
femme fatale
Nystyle709
Supernova
MandyPerfumeGirl
GrayWolf
captainbryce
Nhaiyel
21 posters

Parents Piercing Their Baby Girls Ears.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Parents Piercing Their Baby Girls Ears. - Page 3 Empty Re: Parents Piercing Their Baby Girls Ears.

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 am

Exactly, that's something that has to be THEIR decision, like TPP said, if it's not life threatening or something, they should be able to give their own consent on something like that.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Parents Piercing Their Baby Girls Ears. - Page 3 Empty Re: Parents Piercing Their Baby Girls Ears.

Post by Cheaps Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:39 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Supernova wrote:Again I ask, why?

Because Nystyle wants her baby girl's ears pierced. Pretty. I need to give you another reason?

It's her body, why can't she make that decision when she wants to, IF she wants to?

Well, I went ahead and made it for her. Ever heard your parents tell you that? She can make the decision to not wear earrings when she gets older if she wants to. It'll be the same effect as not piercing her ears. It is seriously that big of a deal? What kind of grievous injustice am I causing in that millisecond my baby girls ears are pierced?

co-signs Nystyle, ALL my neices ears were pierced very young, and it made ALL their pictures more adorable. i have a niece who now turnin 16 in april, and she still wears earings. i agree its not that big a deal.

p.s. i didnt get my ears pierced til way later, wish it was done sooner
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:09 am

I really don't see piercing a baby girls ears as being that big a deal. At the most it is "unnecessary" but it's not this human rights violation that some here are acting like it is.

As for it hurting the baby goes, things like immunization shots hurt worse than simple ear piercing does. When she's older if she doesn't want to wear earrings, she doesn't have to. But I have never met ANY girl or woman mad at her mother for getting ears pierced when she was little. From my own experience being around little girls, it's actually one of the first things they start asking for at around age 4.

If I had a baby girl I don't know if I would get her ears pierced, but I wouldn't rule it out beforehand.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 am

femme fatale wrote:I really don't see piercing a baby girls ears as being that big a deal. At the most it is "unnecessary" but it's not this human rights violation that some here are acting like it is.

As for it hurting the baby goes, things like immunization shots hurt worse than simple ear piercing does. When she's older if she doesn't want to wear earrings, she doesn't have to. But I have never met ANY girl or woman mad at her mother for getting ears pierced when she was little. From my own experience being around little girls, it's actually one of the first things they start asking for at around age 4.

If I had a baby girl I don't know if I would get her ears pierced, but I wouldn't rule it out beforehand.

That's about the best way I can think of to describe it--unnecessary. The way it's done now doesn't hurt so much as it pinches. If people were having it done the old fashioned way, with a sewing needle I'd be 100% against it. Trust me, that hurts like hell. The only real pain that you'll get now is if it gets infected. It isn't like circumcision which is irreversible. It isn't life changing. There isn't any permanent damage. Stop wearing them & that hole is determined to close back up again. I didn't have my daughter's done until she was older & asked but it's not something I see & get upset about.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:28 am

cheaps wrote:p.s. i didnt get my ears pierced til way later, wish it was done sooner
    Why? Exactly what difference would that have made in your life right now? confused

And assuming it would have mattered at all, what if you (or some other girls) had wished that it had NOT been done sonner? What do you say to them, "suck it up"?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:37 pm