CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Jason B.
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
TSJFan4Ever
Kral
Chris
10 posters

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 22, 2010)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 22, 2010) Empty OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 22, 2010)

Post by Chris Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:20 pm

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 22, 2010) Onelif10
    For the week of November 22, 2010

Hey folks:

in an attempt to keep everything neat and orderly, I decided to start weekly super thread about the daily episodes for discussion of anything that happens during the daily episodes. This isn't to say that you cannot start other threads about the show, and its characters/actors, I'm just proposing that all of your remarks and reactions about the daily happenings of the episodes go in this super thread. If you want to discuss general things (spoilers, rumors, ratings, who your favorite Kevin was, contrast the recasts, etc., etc.), then by all means start a new thread.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 22, 2010) Empty Re: OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 22, 2010)

Post by Kral Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Why is Clint's flunky cowering and wetting his pants to the tune of Matthew's silly, playschool Godfather routine? If Clint gave you specific orders to speak to no one but him, then just walk out. What kind of an adult would be scared of a 16 year old boy who weighs a buck and a quarter?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 22, 2010) Empty Re: OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 22, 2010)

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Clint and Matthew are both REALLY annoying me lately. They really do seem to be channelling Godfather, don't they>? When is Matthew going to school, seeing as he always seems to be at the office? I really had to laugh at the flunky cowering away there, though.

On the other hand, I was THRILLED to someone FINALLY hold Marty accountable for her actions in regard to Hannah - for the danger that Hope and Starr were put in as a result. Marty clearly doesn't have a conscience and doesn't seem that bothered that Hannah almost killed Starr, James and Hope. She also clearly seems to think that Cole is still some kind of harmless saint who wouldn't hurt a fly. I know Todd's not a fan of Natalie, but I wonder what he'd do if he learned how Marty was planning on going after Natalie and hurting Jessica in the process. Marty really does seem pretty mentally unbalanced.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:15 am

I bet the flunky screwed things up and changed the wrong test results. There's no way Brody is the father of both babies. I'm thinking the flunky changed Jessica's test results by mistake, though why Clint would want Natalie's changed, I have no idea. Far as I know, he has nothing against John. Marty got the results before the flunky changed them, so he must have changed Jessica's by mistake.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 am

He said he saw Clint's daughter on the list and it was Natalie's name that was on the computer screen so evidently he changed Natalie's from Johnny's to Brody's name. Clint had no idea that Natalie was having the same problems about paternity as Jessica was.

Last edited by Tony Marino on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 am

So now that Marty has hit rock bottom do you think they are going to bring back Patrick?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:37 am

^^^^If they do, it's only to introduce her exit. He'll come back to help her "die" and be with him.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:46 am

I hate to say it because I was liking the new edgy Clint, but for the past week or so he's been starting to really bother me. When he grabbed Vimel by the collar yesterday, I was like "Wow. That's just someone with the same name as Clint Buchanan, not the Clint Buchanan I always knew."

I also think the results of Natalie's baby's paternity are bogus. Clint instructed him to change Rex's paternity and the paternity of Jessica's baby (not wanting it to show Ford as the father) but I think the lab guy goofed up Natalie's by accident. Either that, or Marty changed it.

I also think the reinvention of (Robert) Ford is way too heavy handed. With the loss of Markko, it looks to me like they're trying to make Langston and Ford out to have been soulmates all along.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:16 pm

When they showed the computer screen Natalie Banks was up but then again Jessica Brennan should have been right behind her but I didn't see her name.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:28 pm

What's with Dorian's hair and makeup? Like something out of the Dick Van Dyke Show era. In the meantime, I got a kick out of Marty's fantasy about John's reaction to learning of Natalie's lie.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Chris wrote:What's with Dorian's hair and makeup?

Wish RS would let her hair grow out longer. She was stunning when she returned to the show in 1993 with the long, red hair. That said, what I wanna know is WHY is Dorian mixed up in this Echo/Clint/Charlie/Viki business in the first place? It has nothing to do with her!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:07 am

Much as I have enjoyed the Echo flashbacks with Viki...with Dorian...and today with Bo, I wish they would do a flashback of her with...Clint! These flashbacks are dancing around the real meat. I know Clint was being played by CR then, but go ahead and show them anyway. The audience knows what's up there.

Roxy was interesting today. You can tell that the reason she was quick to throw Echo out was because she was threatened by her presence as Rex's biological mother. For the best anyway, Echo moving into Llanfair will be much more entertaining.

Matthew really needs a punch in his eye. Between him and new Evil Clint, it's just too much "wannabe-Asa" infesting the show.

Oh, and Cole getting beat up in prison... RIGHT ON!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:19 am

I just didn't have much interest in today's show and ended up re-setting the tape when I realized who was on. No interest in Gigi/Rex or Marty's quest for revenge or Dorian sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.

ITA about Matthew and Clint! I don't have much interest in the Buch "men" anymore.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by aublack40 Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:00 am

another paternity s/l is useless and pointless. they left everything vague and open-ended so they can change the result on a dime and drag this out until feb.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Chris wrote:What's with Dorian's hair and makeup? Like something out of the Dick Van Dyke Show era. In the meantime, I got a kick out of Marty's fantasy about John's reaction to learning of Natalie's lie.

LOL about Dorian's hair. I wonder if she really put that piece of paper in that box, maybe its a real gift.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:29 pm

ForeverJash wrote:

Wish RS would let her hair grow out longer. She was stunning when she returned to the show in 1993 with the long, red hair. That said, what I wanna know is WHY is Dorian mixed up in this Echo/Clint/Charlie/Viki business in the first place? It has nothing to do with her!

Where Clint and Viki are concerned, Dorian always has to be a part of it. I guess she never got over being dumped by Clint and of course she is extremely jealous of Viki.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:31 pm

JB wrote:Much as I have enjoyed the Echo flashbacks with Viki...with Dorian...and today with Bo, I wish they would do a flashback of her with...Clint! These flashbacks are dancing around the real meat. I know Clint was being played by CR then, but go ahead and show them anyway. The audience knows what's up there.

Roxy was interesting today. You can tell that the reason she was quick to throw Echo out was because she was threatened by her presence as Rex's biological mother. For the best anyway, Echo moving into Llanfair will be much more entertaining.

Matthew really needs a punch in his eye. Between him and new Evil Clint, it's just too much "wannabe-Asa" infesting the show.

Oh, and Cole getting beat up in prison... RIGHT ON!

Im hoping Nate will give Matthew a good slamming when the time comes.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:35 pm

So Brody just happened to show up at BE to give Clint the good news about the baby just as Clint was talking to what's his name with the door open. Since when does Brody visit with Clint anyways?
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:16 pm

It's official, "Matthew the Insufferable" has to die. pissed I'll beat him up myself if Nate is too worried about his moms job. And jeez almost didn't recognize Shane! He's getting huge.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 3

Post by TSJToddFan Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Some thoughts on today's episode:

1 ) I'm beyond sick of and disgusted by Matthew. He needs a serious beating and Nate should have rearranged his face. Nora was annoying when she arbitrarily took up for him against Nate's provoked attack. OK he's her son, but she'd have to be the worse mother in the world to not see what a little d!ck he's gotten to be lately.

2 ) I'm torn on whether to think Eddie Ford's brutality of James was good soap or completely OTT. Eddie is very hot/cold for me. Sometimes I'm interested, other times I'm not.

3 ) For the first time I didn't care for StarrJam. When Starr ran to him to comfort him after being knocked in the face by dear old dad, I dunno. The drama felt "flat" to me. Kristen was too "soapy" and the actor who plays Ford was very thin in that emotional moment.

4 ) God that Neville creature is atrocious!

5 ) Glad Todd's foot-in-mouth moment calling Nate an idiot as he, Dani and Destiny walked in and overheard wasn't blown up. I was ready for Dani to revert back to her anti-Todd screeching. Didn't happen. Good.

6 ) How much better would it have been if all the Thanksgiving parties were held in ONE location, instead of being scattered throughout.

7 ) Even if he only had 5 seconds of airtime, was glad to see Joey back home.

8 ) The bombshell Clint dropped at the end of the episode about wanting Inez to sleep with Bo. jaw dropz
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:57 pm

^^^^It would've been just a tad unrealistic to hold them all together.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:33 pm

TSJToddFan wrote:7 ) Even if he only had 5 seconds of airtime, was glad to see Joey back home.

I hate when soaps introduce a recast or returning character at the tail end of the episode, where they only speak three words or so. Also the Viki/Joey scene was almost exactly like the scene they had when Joey came back with Bruce Michael Hall, where open mouthed Viki is surprised by Joey's presence. I hope this new Joey stint is more successful. Hope they dropped that whole religious angle and allow him to be the passionate, sensitive every man he used to be.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:54 pm

ITA about Matthew! He really has become insufferable. blank stare @ you He disgusts me and I have NO interest in him unless it's to see him get what he deserves. What a monster, but with a Mom like Nora, we shouldn't expect any better. He's learned that he's above the law and can do what he wants and his Mom and Dad will help him get away with it. I miss the Matthew who had a heart.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Joey too, and ITA about Kevin. Today was a much better eppy than yesterday.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:32 am

OLTL has actually been very good these past few weeks!!!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:23 pm

ITA, though I did find... Wednesday I think it was, to be pretty boring. I'm just not into Gigi/Dorian and their storylines, so I ended up turning off the eppy, but that's the first eppy I haven't watched at least some of in quite awhile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:11 am