CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
TSJFan4Ever
Kral
Chris
8 posters

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 29, 2010)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 29, 2010) Empty OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 29, 2010)

Post by Chris Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:16 am

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 29, 2010) Onelif10
    For the week of November 22, 2010

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 29, 2010) Empty Re: OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 29, 2010)

Post by Kral Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:36 pm

PLEASE RECAST INEZ!!! Jessica Leccia is plain terrible in the role. Watching her is like watching a cheap melodrama on PBS. Also not terribly terribly impressed by this NuJoey. My first impression is that he comes off as dry and unlikable.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 29, 2010) Empty Re: OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 29, 2010)

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:18 am

I LOVE Nora getting a taste of her own medicine! With the number of affairs she's had, it's nice to see her worrying about someone cheating on HER for a change. Interesting to see her go after Clint for using his position, given that Nora has written the book on abusing HER position and office for her own personal gain.

Not sure how I feel about NuJoey - too soon to tell, I think. I like that he's pointing out how many free loaders Viki has, though.

I liked the interactions with the teens - it's been awhile since I've been able to enjoy all of them together but getting rid of Cole has really helped.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 am

Why in the world would a prison call Starr up to tell her that Cole was in a fight??? Didn't they call Marty last week for that? How many fights was Cole in? That whole scene with Starr and James yesterday and her running out because Cole was in a fight was just plain ridiculous.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Do you think Inez is as innocent as she comes off? Yesterday, Bo and Norah had a serious argument about Inez with Norah pushing her theory that Inez plays the professional victim thus playing on Bo's sympathy and the need to be a saviour all the time. Bo disagreed completely. What do you think?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Why in the world would a prison call Starr up to tell her that Cole was in a fight??? Didn't they call Marty last week for that? How many fights was Cole in? That whole scene with Starr and James yesterday and her running out because Cole was in a fight was just plain ridiculous.

It really was lame and pathetic and what was even dumber was Starr acting surprised that her violent thug of a "boyfriend" is in a fight. Cole's history of violence should leave NO ONE surprised as to any fights he might get into while in prison. Either Cole's been in another fight or it took them a week to finally call Starr. Either way, it' was a lame and stupid plot point.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:39 am

Tony Marino wrote:Do you think Inez is as innocent as she comes off? Yesterday, Bo and Norah had a serious argument about Inez with Norah pushing her theory that Inez plays the professional victim thus playing on Bo's sympathy and the need to be a saviour all the time. Bo disagreed completely. What do you think?

I think if it had been someone other than Nora, I'd have given her arguments a lot more credence but given that Nora has cheated on every single one of her husbands, she needs to just shut her mouth. Nora is nothing but a huge hypocrite.

That said, Nora is nothing but a tramp so she should recognize the signs of one. I don't know if I'd classify Inez as a tramp, but I don't think she's totally innocent either. If Inez manages to woo Bo away from Nora, I'll love it not because I like Ienz so much as someone finally giving Nora a taste of her own medicine. Nora is one of the characters I hate most on the show right now. She's far too hypocritical and until that changes, I'll cheer on anyone who's giving her what she deserves and doing to her what she's done to so many.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Kral Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:29 am

The talk Todd had about Peter with James was interesting, but I just thought it would be a little more heavy than that.

Still not really sure how I feel about NuJoey, something about him just seems harsh (kinda like when Tim Gibbs was playing Kevin.)

I thought for a second that Charlie was gonna turn out to be Rex's real father, even though all signs point to Clint, but when he was talking to Kelly about how he doesn't see or feel any physical connection with him...I guess that solidified it. Speaking of Charlie, man is he SUCH a goober! His passive aggressive reaction to Viki's wanting to evict Echo was just so overdone "I thought that this was my house too!" Common sense should tell you why your WIFE wouldn't be comfortable putting up your ex-lover, who also has a history of wrecking havoc on her marriages. Bully, bully...she's Rex's mother and you're his "father," the tramp is still a grown 50 woman and should be able to take care of herself. There's no logical reason why she should be staying at Llanfair (even though I'm glad she is).

Clint, I'm still half and half with how I feel about how what he's becoming. Loved when the edgy nuances were introduced, but it's being poured on SO thick now that he's really being pushed in the corner as a thug. The scene with Robert was kinda interesting though. Even though Clint hates him, I think they are being set up to be unwitting "partners" in various schemes.

I'm SO not feeling the Bo/Nora/Inez triangle thing. Everything about it is FLAT! Bo and Nora don't have the same spark that they used to and Inez is just UGH!

Did anyone also get a weird "rape" feeling when Eddie walked in on Dani by herself?
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:03 am

There was indeed a sexually predatory nuance to the Eddie/Dani scene, highlighted by his whistling at her when he walked into the apartment, sinisterly grinning, while she stood alone. I doubt that he will rape her though. He is too new a character for them to throw that kind of thing out there now.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Does Aubrey have a hidden agenda? Who did she call yesterday after Joey left her in the hotel room, it sure was not Joey.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Does Aubrey have a hidden agenda? Who did she call yesterday after Joey left her in the hotel room, it sure was not Joey.

Aubrey reminds me of Babe from All My Children, she came on the show the same way. I don't know who she was talking to, but I think she's a golddigger and Viki won't like her.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 pm

The set up to Eddie's murder begins!

Todd threatens to kill him. Nate threatens to kill him. Robert and Ford talk about killing him. Inez agrees to seduce Bo for Clint, under the condition that Clint makes Eddie disappear.

I predict Eddie is a corpse by Feb. sweeps!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:14 am

LOL - I was just thinking that about Eddie - once everyone starts threatening to kill you on a soap, you know your timing it running out. We'll get a "who dunnit" storyline, with John and Nora arresting Todd and doing all they can to charge him and keep him in prison while letting the real killer go free. I wonder if they'll work just as hard to keep the latest murderer out of prison as they worked to keep Cole out. Interesting that Eddie gets thrown in jail for hitting James, but Nora would have let Cole walk for his murder attempt on Todd.

ITA JB - I think Feb sweeps will be the "who dunnit" storyline with Eddie meeting the Grim Reaper.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:27 am

I'm thinking that there's far more to Aubrey than we're seeing. I wonder if she's working for someone who's trying to get their hands on the Buch/Lord fortune.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:11 am

JB wrote:The set up to Eddie's murder begins!

Todd threatens to kill him. Nate threatens to kill him. Robert and Ford talk about killing him. Inez agrees to seduce Bo for Clint, under the condition that Clint makes Eddie disappear.

Absolutely. There was way too much deliberately placed homicidal innuendo surrounding Eddie being knocked off. He's definitely toast!

I also think Aubrey is a schemer, looking for a payday and found a potential sucker in Nu–but still impetuously naive–Joey. Still, I prefer her to Kelly. While they do this Joey/Aubrey/Kelly dance, with Rex on the sidelines playing Kelly's BFF (or is she his faghag? :biggrin:), I'm betting that he (Rex) will become involved with Aubrey in some way. Kelly will most likely sic Rex on her to investigate her background and intentions; he'll try to distract her with a seduction attempt, and from there it will be the setup to Aubrex. She's the type of character who would mix it up with Rex.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:32 pm

JB wrote:

Aubrey reminds me of Babe from All My Children, she came on the show the same way. I don't know who she was talking to, but I think she's a golddigger and Viki won't like her.

I thought that might be it but you never know it could be worse!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:34 pm

JB wrote:The set up to Eddie's murder begins!

I thought of that yesterday after Nate slugged him and Todd threatened him. Now all we have to figure out is which one can be dispensed without stirring up too much of the pot, my vote would go to Inez, if she left the show no one would miss her and Nate could go live with his brothers.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Chris wrote: While they do this Joey/Aubrey/Kelly dance, with Rex on the sidelines playing Kelly's BFF (or is she his faghag?)

ROFLMAO!

I still say they should hook Rex up with Christian.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:41 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I'm thinking that there's far more to Aubrey than we're seeing. I wonder if she's working for someone who's trying to get their hands on the Buch/Lord fortune.

Maybe she is Carlo Hesser's Grandaughter???
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

OLTL Episode Discussion Thread (For the week of November 29, 2010) Empty Now Marty Blames Starr!!!

Post by gmruss4 Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 pm

First she blames Natalie and now she blames Starr for Cole's actions. Cole did what she did because Starr fell in love with James. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. When is she going to realize her precious son has problems and need therapy. And judging by her actions as of late so does she. I guess it is Starr's fault that he is starting fights in jail too.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:01 am

Chris wrote:
    I also think Aubrey is a schemer, looking for a payday and found a potential sucker in Nu–but still impetuously naive–Joey. Still, I prefer her to Kelly. While they do this Joey/Aubrey/Kelly dance, with Rex on the sidelines playing Kelly's BFF (or is she his faghag? :biggrin:), I'm betting that he (Rex) will become involved with Aubrey in some way. Kelly will most likely sic Rex on her to investigate her background and intentions; he'll try to distract her with a seduction attempt, and from there it will be the setup to Aubrex. She's the type of character who would mix it up with Rex.

Yeah - lol - I can see Kelly sending Rex after Aubrey and Rex getting mixed up in it all in his bumbling, idiotic way. I don't know how they expect us to take Rex seriously when he acts as immature as the younger teens. He and Matthew should be best buddies!

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:03 am

Tony Marino wrote:I still say they should hook Rex up with Christian.

LOL - now that would be interesting - Cex? Sounds like some horrible disease.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:06 am

gmruss4 wrote:First she blames Natalie and now she blames Starr for Cole's actions. Cole did what she did because Starr fell in love with James. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. When is she going to realize her precious son has problems and need therapy. And judging by her actions as of late so does she. I guess it is Starr's fault that he is starting fights in jail too.

Typical Marty - blame everyone but herself. I'm surprised she's not blaming Todd for this. Cole is a sociopath and it was only a matter of time before he killed someone. 2 murder attempts behind him, violent crimes, drug charges, and all before he's 20 and then finally he succeeds in murder. Way to go, Marty! LOVE what Todd said to her, though, and I hope her licence is revoked. She shouldn't be practising, given that she refused to see how violent and out of control her son was and that she took a violent psychopath into her home, with no regard for whom she might put in danger. Than again, Cole did the same thing when he was so eager to keep out of prison for violating his parole that he risked Starr and Hope.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Kral Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:56 am

While I was shocked to see Marty lash out at Starr, you have to admit that she was pretty spot on with the things she said. Bitter, scheming Marty is so much more fun for me than the goody-goody high horse bore she usually is. She's almost single-handedly saving Jolie AND this double WTD s/l. But I HATED seeing Todd hire Rex as his P.I. to keep tabs on Marty. When I saw that, all I could do is remember when Rex sold Todd out the time he hired him to find Sam. Todd should NOT be doing business with Rex.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Yeah - lol - I can see Kelly sending Rex after Aubrey and Rex getting mixed up in it all in his bumbling, idiotic way. I don't know how they expect us to take Rex seriously when he acts as immature as the younger teens. He and Matthew should be best buddies!

The joke is that they have made Rex a father. That's comedy and a half.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:33 pm