CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RobbieFTW
Shale
jstone
7 posters

Daughter's sex life - Is it a solely a mother's issue or should fathers get involved?

jstone
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Daughter's sex life - Is it a solely a mother's issue or should fathers get involved?  Empty Daughter's sex life - Is it a solely a mother's issue or should fathers get involved?

Post by jstone Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Does a father's opinion matter in whether his daughter should start having sex? On OLTL this week, Tea talked to her daughter about sex and told her it was her decision. Todd walked in and he was told they were having girl talk. Girls usually talk to their mothers. Shouldnt parents discuss this before a mom gives the daughter permission? or is it something best left for the mothers's judgment?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Daughter's sex life - Is it a solely a mother's issue or should fathers get involved?  Empty Re: Daughter's sex life - Is it a solely a mother's issue or should fathers get involved?

Post by Shale Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Both parents should be involved in decisions concerning their children. If the kid talks to one parent better than the other, then that parent should discuss it with the other before a decision is made.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Daughter's sex life - Is it a solely a mother's issue or should fathers get involved?  Empty Re: Daughter's sex life - Is it a solely a mother's issue or should fathers get involved?

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:19 pm

I don't know, I think it's a sign of less than good parenting if a child can't talk about these issues with both mom or dad. I can understand a boy wanting to talk more indepth with his dad and a girl her mom, but the subject shouldn't be totally off limits with either.
    jstone
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by jstone Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:31 pm

I am of the view that both parents should have the discussion before permission is given. It would not be right for me to find out and then get told mom said it was ok. Although frankly if it was up to me, it would have to wait until she is in college and living away from home.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Where there are two parents and there IS trust, yes, both parents should talk to the kid about it...but you know, I never had a sex talk with my mother and I sure as hell could NEVER imagine having one with my father. But, that's why I'm the responsible one who didn't do it, so there wasn't anything that needed talking about.
    jstone
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by jstone Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Supernova wrote:Where there are two parents and there IS trust, yes, both parents should talk to the kid about it...but you know, I never had a sex talk with my mother and I sure as hell could NEVER imagine having one with my father. But, that's why I'm the responsible one who didn't do it, so there wasn't anything that needed talking about.

I think I am an approachable guy but I know my daughter will go to my wife before she ever comes to me. After watching that show, I did not know whether I was wrong to expect a discussion before she is given permission. I am glad to see I wasnt offbase.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:11 pm

They should discuss it beforehand, but the Tea/Dani/Dani situation happened after Dani came close to giving herself to Nate, so Tea and Dani's talk was impromptu based on what Tea observed. Fathers have to be prepared for the sex talk when it comes to their girls.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:14 pm

The father is just as much a parent as the mother so absolutely.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:55 pm

I think that a lot of girls would be better off if their dads talked to them about it. I think that it would carry a lot of weight if the dad said certain things about boys and love and expectations.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:52 am