CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+22
captainbryce
Supernova
binky04
sexyjackson
JM130ELM
MFD10
UMo
Tatbac
vicky
Tony Marino
Tigereyes
Stuart_Thriller
Nystyle709
ThePayback
FightSleep
AtownPeep
burned this disco out
Nhaiyel
SkwirtB
Marc™
Flash80
Chris
26 posters

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread

kelea7
    kelea7
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread

Post by kelea7 Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Marc™ wrote:More like destroy.
    This is garbage....and it was done at Quincy Jones' behest.

♫ Quincy Jones, T-Pain & Robin Thicke - P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
    Quincy's whole new album is full of less worthy versions of classics basically. I've been afraid to listen to any of them. Though I heard Akon's unnecessary cover of Shuggie Otis' classic Strawberry Letter 23 (made popular by Brothers Johnson of course) months ago. I didn't know it was for Quince's new album.
    kelea7
    kelea7
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread

Post by kelea7 Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Supernova wrote:His music video personas.
    I've asked this before on another board, but of these characters from his long music videos:

Captain EO
    The Maestro from Ghosts
    Michael from Smooth Criminal

which of them would you have wanted to personally know and hang out with?

I can't pick, I'd have to take them all. I always thought Captain EO was very underrated and a great film and I always used to imagine what it would be like traveling through the galaxy with a crew like that. And I also always wondered about what it would be like to live in that creepy house with the Maestro who delighted in scaring people (and I always wondered exactly WHAT kind of scary stories he was supposed to be telling that frightened the kids that got their parents involved?), and then in Moonwalker, especially at the 30s Club, really, how do you pick?

Interesting question. I guess Michael from Smooth Criminal. When I think of SC I think of Moonwalker and I love Moonwalker! I used to watch it everyday. I guess that isn't the same thing though b/c most people have just seen the Smooth Criminal video. The answer is the same either way.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:25 pm

kelea7 wrote:Interesting question. I guess Michael from Smooth Criminal. When I think of SC I think of Moonwalker and I love Moonwalker! I used to watch it everyday. I guess that isn't the same thing though b/c most people have just seen the Smooth Criminal video. The answer is the same either way.

I know, I don't just watch the Smooth Criminal video either, I watch the whole Moonwalker tape. It is the BEST.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Marc™ wrote:More like destroy.
    This is garbage....and it was done at Quincy Jones' behest.

♫ Quincy Jones, T-Pain & Robin Thicke - P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)

They were able to slaughter that one because Michael didn't write it and therefore his estate doesn't control the publishing rights, and couldn't say no. In Jones' misguided attempt to be hip and contemporary, he took a savagely wrong turn thinking by inviting T-Pain. The song was desecrated. We should just be grateful it wasn't "Rock With You."
    kelea7
    kelea7
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by kelea7 Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Flash80 wrote:Excluding his solo recordings for Motown. IMO from worst to best his album are: Blood on the Dancefloor...History...Bad...Invincible (not as bad as people say)...Dangerous...Thriller...Off the Wall.

I'll start off by saying that I don't think Mike has any bad albums or really any bad music that was released in his lifetime. I will say that just because I don't put Thriller at the top of my list (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't mean it isnt a classic album, especially for it's impact and time. If we are speaking individual songs, some of his best are on Thriller, but I don't think his biggest songs (without the videos, just as songs) with maybe the exception of Billie Jean are among his best.

That being said, here is my best try, 1 being the best:

1 Off the Wall (I also think this has the best groove, the most constistent flow of any of his other albums. That's really important for me, which is why I love Stevie Wonder, think Innervisions)
    2 Bad (also has a nice flow as an album)
    3 Invincible (Crazy underrated, in my opnion)
    4 Dangerous (Mike n CO. went hard on this album and I really want to place it higher for "Will You Be There" alone.)
    5 Thriller
    6 HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I
    kelea7
    kelea7
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by kelea7 Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:15 pm

burned this disco out wrote:Best dance song off each album?

Off the Wall: Workin Day and Night
    Thriller: P.Y.T.
    Bad: Speed Demon (Or Smooth Criminal...or Just Good friends, lol, just kidding)
    Dangerous: Can't Let Her Get Away
    HIStory: They Don't Care About Us
    Invincible: 2000 Watts
    kelea7
    kelea7
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by kelea7 Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Supernova wrote:I know, I don't just watch the Smooth Criminal video either, I watch the whole Moonwalker tape. It is the BEST.

Yes! Do you have a favorite part?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:33 pm

kelea7 wrote:Yes! Do you have a favorite part?

Hard to say...going through the whole tape, I love the Badder video, Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone, and then pertaining solely to the Smooth Criminal segment, of course the whole Club 30s Segment but also when he turns into the car, and when they're chasing him and Joe Pesci is just screaming his head off at his men to get Michael, it is gooooooooooooood.
    kelea7
    kelea7
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by kelea7 Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:46 am

Supernova wrote:Hard to say...going through the whole tape, I love the Badder video, Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone, and then pertaining solely to the Smooth Criminal segment, of course the whole Club 30s Segment but also when he turns into the car, and when they're chasing him and Joe Pesci is just screaming his head off at his men to get Michael, it is gooooooooooooood.

Yes! Like you said, the whole thing is great. But those parts are what stand out to me. Badder, Speed Demon, and the 30s scenes are my favorites. Love the ending with Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Come Together is another one I really like. big grin I feel like I'm forgetting something, I haven't seen it now in years.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:49 pm

kelea7 wrote:
    Yes! Like you said, the whole thing is great. But those parts are what stand out to me. Badder, Speed Demon, and the 30s scenes are my favorites. Love the ending with Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Come Together is another one I really like. big grin I feel like I'm forgetting something, I haven't seen it now in years.

Well after the credits they do have the shorter, faster paced Smooth Criminal video too. I like that one too, the one I don't really like is when they just take the Club 30s segment FROM the whole Moonwalker video and just put that on, you know? They put it on VH1 sometimes, open it when he goes into the club and stop it when he goes out, and since it has in it Katie getting kidnapped and all the armed men in black, to just see that on TV would leave you hanging.
    kelea7
    kelea7
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by kelea7 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:40 am

Well after the credits they do have the shorter, faster paced Smooth Criminal video too. I like that one too, the one I don't really like is when they just take the Club 30s segment FROM the whole Moonwalker video and just put that on, you know? They put it on VH1 sometimes, open it when he goes into the club and stop it when he goes out, and since it has in it Katie getting kidnapped and all the armed men in black, to just see that on TV would leave you hanging.

Well, I get what you're saying. It is weird to just take the clip from Moonwalker. But I don't really like the fast video either. It feels wrong all sped up like that, lol.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:00 pm

burned this disco out wrote:Best dance song off each album?

Off the Wall: Get on the Floor
    Thriller: Beat It
    Bad: Smooth Criminal
    Dangerous: Jam
    HIStory: Scream
    Blood on the Dance Floor: Superfly Sister
    Invincible: 2000 Watts
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty New Michael Jackson video "Hold My Hand"

Post by Chris Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Featuring Akon. It's pretty decent.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed May 04, 2011 3:31 pm

MJ's Mom -- My Son Was NO Child Molester!!!!!
    5/4/2011 6:20 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Katherine Jackson is still ADAMANT her son never molested any children ... including MJ's 1993 accuser -- and insists MJ only paid the kid off because his lawyers gave him bad advice.

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread - Page 6 0504-jackson-video-credit[/url]

Katherine appeared on "Today" this morning ... where Matt Lauer asked if there was anything she wanted to clear up about her son's life.

Katherine responded, "As far as Michael being a child molester ... that's the biggest lie ever been told."

MJ's mom said she read an article after MJ died -- in which the 1993 accuser allegedly admitted he made up the story against Michael.

When Lauer asked why MJ forked over a settlement with the boy ... Katherine said, "His lawyers told him he should just pay the money .. they thought that just paying the money and shut the people up would be the right thing to do."

Katherine said she asked MJ why he made the move -- and MJ told her, "I didn't want to do it either mother, I wanted to fight it because I knew it wasn't the truth."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Happy Birthday MJ....

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:20 pm

RIP love. Gone, but not forgotten.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:46 am