CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+22
captainbryce
Supernova
binky04
sexyjackson
JM130ELM
MFD10
UMo
Tatbac
vicky
Tony Marino
Tigereyes
Stuart_Thriller
Nystyle709
ThePayback
FightSleep
AtownPeep
burned this disco out
Nhaiyel
SkwirtB
Marc™
Flash80
Chris
26 posters

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Flash80 wrote:What was MJ's best #1 single?

The list goes as follows:
    Ben
    Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
    Rock With You
    Bille Jean
    Beat It
    We Are the World
    I Just Can't Stop Loving You
    Bad
    The Way You Make Me Feel
    Man In the Mirror
    Dirty Diana
    Black or White
    You Are Not Alone

Man in the Mirror for me! :biggrin:

Dirty Diana.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Flash80 wrote:Does "Wacko Jacko" offend you? For years I admit that even though I'm a HUGE MJ fan, it didn't really bother me when they called him "Wacko Jacko". I just rolled my eyes at it or it flew over my head. Later though when I found out that it apparently bothered Michael, it started to make me angry!

Same here. The media just destroyed him. Built him up, then took him down. That's why he got a lot of coverage when he passed because they realize how much of an ass they've been towards him in his life. Mike was a good person. A bit eccentric, but a good person. Fuck what America says, the WORLD loved him.
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by SkwirtB Sun May 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Flash80 wrote:Does "Wacko Jacko" offend you? For years I admit that even though I'm a HUGE MJ fan, it didn't really bother me when they called him "Wacko Jacko". I just rolled my eyes at it or it flew over my head. Later though when I found out that it apparently bothered Michael, it started to make me angry!

"Wacko Jacko" was them degrading him. I never LIKED the term but like you I shrugged it off until I heard Mike pretty much acknowledge how annoyed he was by it. They just wouldn't leave him alone and made a real effort to turn the public against him for the last 20 yrs of his life. Then after he dies, the same media tries to be "respectful". :rme:
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male

Post by SkwirtB Sun May 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Flash80 wrote:Which song has the best Choreography: Remember the Time or Bad?

I say RTT!

RTT shits all over Bad IMO
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male

Post by SkwirtB Sun May 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Ben
    Rock With You
    Bille Jean
    Beat It
    We Are the World
    Bad
    The Way You Make Me Feel
    Man In the Mirror
    Dirty Diana
    Black or White
    You Are Not Alone

Man In the Mirror
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male

The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Anybody else not a fan of Bille Jean?

Post by SkwirtB Sun May 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Anybody else not a fan of Bille Jean? I know its iconic and Motown 25 and MTV breaking barriers, etc., but I REALLY need to be a certain mood for it and it's not a mood I find myself in often when it comes to him. When I'm not in that mood the song is totally annoying to me.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Mon May 31, 2010 12:44 am

ThePayback wrote:This Is It will be on STARZ on June 19.

Thanks. I rented the DVD a few months ago but didn't get around to watching it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:26 am

Ben
    Rock With You
    Bille Jean
    Beat It
    We Are the World
    Bad
    The Way You Make Me Feel
    Man In the Mirror
    Dirty Diana
    Black or White
    You Are Not Alone

Rock With You/Man In the Mirror
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:29 am

SkwirtB wrote:Anybody else not a fan of Bille Jean? I know its iconic and Motown 25 and MTV breaking barriers, etc., but I REALLY need to be a certain mood for it and it's not a mood I find myself in often when it comes to him. When I'm not in that mood the song is totally annoying to me.

The song has always annoyed me actually, and the popularity of it makes it worse. I used to MUCH prefer "Beat It" over "Bille Jean," but with time the former has become a bit dated and cartoonish.

"PYT," "Lady In My Life" and "Wanna Be Startin' Something" are better than both.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:31 am

I say RTT!

The "Remember the Time" moves have held up better than the cheesy mid/late 80s pop-and-lock moves of "Bad." Now that I think about it, I think "Bad" is probably his worse choreography in a video barring the primitive OTW videos.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by AtownPeep Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:39 am

Marc™ wrote:The "Remember the Time" moves have held up better than the cheesy mid/late 80s pop-and-lock moves of "Bad." Now that I think about it, I think "Bad" is probably his worse choreography in a video barring the primitive OTW videos.

IA that Bad is corny but RTT with Eddie Murphy, Magic Johnson and Iman is kinda dated and has a corny premise. But the dancing was better, so it gets the square.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by AtownPeep Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:39 am

Ben
    Rock With You
    Bille Jean
    Beat It
    We Are the World
    Bad
    The Way You Make Me Feel
    Man In the Mirror
    Dirty Diana
    Black or White
    You Are Not Alone

Rock With You
    Stuart_Thriller
    Stuart_Thriller
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Stuart_Thriller Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 am

Ben
    Rock With You
    Bille Jean
    Beat It
    We Are the World
    Bad
    The Way You Make Me Feel
    Man In the Mirror
    Dirty Diana
    Black or White
    You Are Not Alone

Bllie Jean!
    Stuart_Thriller
    Stuart_Thriller
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Stuart_Thriller Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 am

Yes I hate the term 'Wacko Jacko' for a start he didn't even like 'Jacko' so 'Wacko Jacko' is just far worse and it makes him seem like a madman, which I do not think he was, like already said he was a little eccentric, but always tried to do good in the world.
    Tigereyes
    Tigereyes
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Tigereyes Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:44 am

I hate the term. I know Michael hated it too, he found it really upsetting when the media called him it. Why they couldn't respect his wishes I'll never know.
    Tigereyes
    Tigereyes
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Tigereyes Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:48 am

Ben
    Rock With You
    Bille Jean
    Beat It
    We Are the World
    Bad
    The Way You Make Me Feel
    Man In the Mirror
    Dirty Diana
    Black or White
    You Are Not Alone

It's got to be The Way You Make Me Feel! This is one vid where he truly looked happy and relaxed. I think he was enjoying himself in that vid.
    Tigereyes
    Tigereyes
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Tigereyes Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 am

I say RTT!

Uh-uh, I disagree! I think Bad was a ground-breaker, the whole vid itself was on a different level. Although MJ didn't do run-of-the-mill vids, did he? Each one had to be something totally different and new, like Thriller, Ghosts, Smooth Criminal etc.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:01 am

I say RTT!

THRILLER!!!!!!!!!
    Tigereyes
    Tigereyes
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Tigereyes Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am

Tony Marino wrote:

I say RTT!

THRILLER!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I didn't know that was an option - but yeah Tony - I'm in agreement. Thriller's choreography was the ultimate.
    vicky
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by vicky Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 am

Flash80 wrote:The 'Michael Jackson' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Michael+Jackson+-+The+Magic+And+The+Madness

The Magic And the Madness by by J. Randy Taraborrelli is I think this is quite possibly the BEST MJ/Jackson family biography ever written. Has anyone else read it? I have the original 1991 publishing. But I haven't gotten a chance to pick up the 2009 revision. Anyone else read it? I'm dying to pick up the new version.

From my understanding the very 1st edition, the 1 you have is the best among all the other updated editions. I had also heard that MJ said it was fairly accurate, don't quote me on that though. How did you come by & purchase that edition? Was this quote on there?

“Or at least I thought they were sleeping. As I was slipping out of
    the room, I heard Michael say to Jermaine, “Nice job. Now will you
    please go to sleep?” (Taraborelli, p. 190-1, ’91 ed)

Marlon: “I remember back in the early days, Michael was something to
    keep up with where the girls were concerned. Believe me, Michael ain’t
    no virgin. No way.” (Taraborelli, p. 191, ’91 ed)

“I remember that his brothers used to tell us these wild stories
    about how they used to go out and get girls and bring them back to the
    hotel room for Michael,” Susie Jackson said. “Then Michael would
    supposedly have sex with these girls.” (Taraborelli p. 192)
    Flash80
    Flash80
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Flash80 Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:30 am

vicky wrote:
    From my understanding the very 1st edition, the 1 you have is the best among all the other updated editions. I had also heard that MJ said it was fairly accurate, don't quote me on that though. How did you come by & purchase that edition? Was this quote on there?

“Or at least I thought they were sleeping. As I was slipping out of
    the room, I heard Michael say to Jermaine, “Nice job. Now will you
    please go to sleep?” (Taraborelli, p. 190-1, ’91 ed)

Marlon: “I remember back in the early days, Michael was something to
    keep up with where the girls were concerned. Believe me, Michael ain’t
    no virgin. No way.” (Taraborelli, p. 191, ’91 ed)

“I remember that his brothers used to tell us these wild stories
    about how they used to go out and get girls and bring them back to the
    hotel room for Michael,” Susie Jackson said. “Then Michael would
    supposedly have sex with these girls.” (Taraborelli p. 192)

Yes! LOL
    I remember ALL those quotes in the book.

Now that I think about it I can believe the original edition was the best probably because the updated revisions may have had to cut some things out that were in the first edition for the sake of conserving space.

I bought my version back in 1993 from the local grocery store. They had a discount book rack that just happened to have the hardcover edition of this book there on it. If I remember correctly I saw it and got my mom to buy it for me. This was mere days before the '93 child abuse accusation story broke out, so me having just gotten this book while as that story circulated made it a very interesting time for me. 17 years later and I still have the book. It's not in good shape, but I've kept it and every 2 years or so I read it from the beginning. It's like 600 pages and FASCINATING!
    vicky
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by vicky Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 am

Flash80 wrote:
    Yes! LOL

Now that I think about it I can believe the original edition was the best probably because the updated revisions may have had to cut some things out that were in the first edition for the sake of conserving space.

I bought my version back in 1993 from the local grocery store. They had a discount book rack that just happened to have the hardcover edition of this book there on it. If I remember correctly I saw it and got my mom to buy it for me. This was mere days before the '93 child abuse accusation story broke out, so me having just gotten this book while as that story circulated made it a very interesting time for me. 17 years later and I still have the book. It's not in good shape, but I've kept it and every 2 years or so I read it from the beginning. It's like 600 pages and FASCINATING!

I envy that you have that edition. Actually, the reason the later editions don't have the above excerpts is bec Randy wanted to paint MJ in a different light than he previously did. His later editions were based more on tabloids & rumors & not much research or credible sources. But the 1st one I heard was pretty well-researched. It's too bad that Taraborelli allowed public opinion & scrutiny to guide what he wanted to do w/ his book. & I think his inside source for his recent book is Jermaine, maybe even Joe as his very sympathetic towards his character.

I wish there was a way for me to be able to read that edition though. I'm ashamed to say I bought the 2009 edition, & it was informative but it has too many flaws & cracks for a full appreciation you know? I wish I could really read your copy instead. Another autobio I'd recommend is Dancing the Dream, it really gives you insight on who MJ was. The Shmuley edition fan version is pretty good too. I can give you a link to freely download that if you're interested. Maldonado's book, as well as LaToya's & Katherine give another interesting insight into the Jackson household - these 3 are all up on Jetzi's sight for free reading.
    Flash80
    Flash80
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Flash80 Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:58 am

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/mj-scores-nine-17-best-selling-rb-hits-digital-history

MJ Scores Nine of the 17 best-selling R&B Hits in Digital History
    JUNE 4, 2010
    According to Nielsen SoundScan, MJ has nine of the 17 best-selling R&B hits in digital history, including, "Thriller," "Billie Jean" and "Beat It," all from his landmark album Thriller; "Man In The Mirror," the gospel-tinged smash from Bad; and "Don't Stop ‘Til You Get Enough," the disco-flavored lead single from Off The Wall.
    Flash80
    Flash80
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Flash80 Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:04 am

vicky wrote:
    Flash80 wrote:
    Yes! LOL

I envy that you have that edition. Actually, the reason the later editions don't have the above excerpts is bec Randy wanted to paint MJ in a different light than he previously did. His later editions were based more on tabloids & rumors & not much research or credible sources. But the 1st one I heard was pretty well-researched. It's too bad that Taraborelli allowed public opinion & scrutiny to guide what he wanted to do w/ his book. & I think his inside source for his recent book is Jermaine, maybe even Joe as his very sympathetic towards his character.

I wish there was a way for me to be able to read that edition though. I'm ashamed to say I bought the 2009 edition, & it was informative but it has too many flaws & cracks for a full appreciation you know? I wish I could really read your copy instead. Another autobio I'd recommend is Dancing the Dream, it really gives you insight on who MJ was. The Shmuley edition fan version is pretty good too. I can give you a link to freely download that if you're interested. Maldonado's book, as well as LaToya's & Katherine give another interesting insight into the Jackson household - these 3 are all up on Jetzi's sight for free reading.

Oh I have Maldonado's book. That was is terrific too! It REALLY exposes some of the craziness that went on behind the gates and even though it was written by Jermaine's ex-wife, and while I got the feeling that she may have been somewhat bitter about how their relationship ended, I never got the impression she was lying or even exaggerating anything.

I also have Latoya's book, and while some people may wanna call her a liar because of her ADMITTING she lied about MJ's molestation thing...her book reads pretty sincere to me. I think at the most, she may have exaggerated & sensationalized some things, but overall I believed much of what she said in it.

Between these 3 books (Taraborelli's, Maldonado's and Latoya's), you REALLY (I think) get a pretty concise look into the histrionics and psychology of the Jackson family. What's also kinda funny is how they each tend to overlap and touch of the same stories/ordeals, but from different angles.

I never bothered with Moonwalker or Katherine's book, because I frankly (much as I love MJ) suspect that these may have really glossed over or watered down a lot of things just to protect "image."
    Flash80
    Flash80
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Flash80 Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:11 am

SkwirtB wrote:I know its iconic and Motown 25 and MTV breaking barriers, etc., but I REALLY need to be a certain mood for it and it's not a mood I find myself in often when it comes to him. When I'm not in that mood the song is totally annoying to me.

That's gonna be 8 lashings for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:22 am