CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Tony Marino
JM130ELM
CeCe
Shale
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
Chris
11 posters

Should gay people pay less taxes?

(Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Should gay people pay less taxes? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should gay people pay less taxes?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Because, under the law, we do not have the same freedoms afforded to the rest, which directly spits in the face of the meaning behind statements like "with liberty and justice for all" and "all men are created equal."

Trust me. If I don't convince you, it wouldn't ruin my evening. It's going to take a lot more than my forum posts to iron out the mind you've twisted all on your own.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Should gay people pay less taxes? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should gay people pay less taxes?

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:13 pm

I've yet to see any freedoms anybody else has that you don't.

I'm not set on ruining your evening. Nice to know you resort to petty insults when your evening is not ruined.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Rockbird wrote:...Look, I can only present the facts as they are. What you chose to do with them isn't my problem. You're allowed to stay in that "twisted mind" of yours.
    Rockbird wrote:...Trust me. If I don't convince you, it wouldn't ruin my evening. It's going to take a lot more than my forum posts to iron out the mind you've twisted all on your own.
    From your responses in this thread I assume you have encountered the circular argument technique of Forgiveness Boy.

I admire your stamina, as I do the others who take the time to call him on all his illogical, unsuportable arguments. I don't see his posts any more unless someone quotes them, because I find my visits here much more enjoyable when I just ignore him completely.

But, just know that facts, logic, supportable points don't work on him, nor does he bother to present the same in his counters. He will eventually accuse you of bigotry because you dare to argue with him.

I enjoy your posts, just don't want you to burn out on this guy.

Last edited by Shale on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:16 pm

It's not an insult. You have "My Twisted Mind!" listed as your location. Don't get all huffy because I've used your words against you. Don't give me the ammunition, and I won't use it.

If you don't see any freedoms that I am denied, then I suggest re-reading and memorizing the list on the HRC website.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Shale wrote:
    Rockbird wrote:...Look, I can only present the facts as they are. What you chose to do with them isn't my problem. You're allowed to stay in that "twisted mind" of yours.
    Rockbird wrote:...Trust me. If I don't convince you, it wouldn't ruin my evening. It's going to take a lot more than my forum posts to iron out the mind you've twisted all on your own.
    From your responses in this thread I assume you have encountered the circular argument technique of Forgiveness Boy.

I admire your stamina, as I do the others who take the time to call him on all his illogical, unsuportable arguments. I don't see his posts any more unless someone quotes them, because I find my visits here much more enjoyable when I just ignore him completely.

But, just know that facts, logic, supportable points don't work on him, nor does he bother to present the same in his counters. He will eventually accuse you of bigotry because you dare to argue with him.

I enjoy your posts, just don't want you to burn out on this guy.

It takes more than the delusional to burng me out. ;-)
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Rockbird wrote:It's not an insult. You have "My Twisted Mind!" listed as your location. Don't get all huffy because I've used your words against you. Don't give me the ammunition, and I won't use it.

If you don't see any freedoms that I am denied, then I suggest re-reading and memorizing the list on the HRC website.

Justifying your insults behind jokes? Even pettier for somebody who isn't upset. You're the one getting huffy BTW.

I've seen the list. I don't see your lost freedoms.

I see Shale is still at his ranting. I click the button and it's always the same - soap box
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:24 pm

You just don't want to see them. And that's fine. I fail to see the merit in what you write as well.

It's the Internet. I don't expect you to ever admit genuine fault.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Rockbird wrote:You just don't want to see them. And that's fine. I fail to see the merit in what you write as well.

It's the Internet. I don't expect you to ever admit genuine fault.
    Or maybe you just DO want to see them because it's convenient to. (You are arguing to have gays pay lower taxes afterall)

There's no fault to admit.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Nice debate tactic. But denial will only hold up for so long. Remember that, and you might go far in life. Wink
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Rockbird wrote:Nice debate tactic. But denial will only hold up for so long. Remember that, and you might go far in life. Wink

I think the only one in denial is you. (Nice debate tactic? Trying to flatter yourself now? ) So I'd advise you to take your own advise.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 pm

I needn't take the advice of an 18 year old.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:38 pm

Rockbird wrote:I needn't take the advice of an 18 year old.
    Ah, the "old box" thinking.

Well fine, don't take my advice, ignore your own advice, and remain in denial. Makes no difference to me.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Now you're just copying me. Wink
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Rockbird wrote:Now you're just copying me. Wink
    Flattering yourself again?
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 pm

If the gay community feels it's being denied certain rights, then they should fight for them but no one should be able to live the U.S. and not have to pay taxes or less taxes on principal. It's a reality that women earn less than men, should women get to pay less in taxes because of it?
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Well, I am pretty spectacular.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Rockbird wrote:Well, I am pretty spectacular.
    They all think so.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:43 pm

AtownPeep wrote: If the gay community feels it's being denied certain rights, then they should fight for them but no one should be able to live the U.S. and not have to pay taxes or less taxes on principal.

But don't you think that this question can be avoided if the US just allowed said rights on principle?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:06 pm

AtownPeep wrote: ...It's a reality that women earn less than men, should women get to pay less in taxes because of it?
    Well, actually they do; at least with income tax. Blue Cool
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:18 pm

AtownPeep wrote: If the gay community feels it's being denied certain rights, then they should fight for them but no one should be able to live the U.S. and not have to pay taxes or less taxes on principal. It's a reality that women earn less than men, should women get to pay less in taxes because of it?

Should gay people pay less taxes? - Page 3 35166 . What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If you're going to lower taxes for gay people for not being treated equally....then you got A LOT of other people that you should be lowering taxes for as well. They damn sure shouldn't be the only ones.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    AtownPeep wrote: If the gay community feels it's being denied certain rights, then they should fight for them but no one should be able to live the U.S. and not have to pay taxes or less taxes on principal. It's a reality that women earn less than men, should women get to pay less in taxes because of it?

Should gay people pay less taxes? - Page 3 35166 . What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If you're going to lower taxes for gay people for not being treated equally....then you got A LOT of other people that you should be lowering taxes for as well. They damn sure shouldn't be the only ones.

Agreed. I think anyone who is institutionally marginalized should have less deducted from their paychecks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:20 pm