CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Chris
Nystyle709
Rainmaker
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Supernova
RedBedroom
11 posters

Did you ever order from Schwan's?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Did you ever order from Schwan's? Empty Did you ever order from Schwan's?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:45 pm

I don't know if they are completely in every state, but I know they are all over...the guys in the yellow trucks who sell packaged goods like meats and ice cream?

I think some of their things are decent, but pricey. The thing about them is that they come back for more orders if you buy one time.

Just took the dog for a walk, and a Schwans man stopped by me. Pushy.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Did you ever order from Schwan's? Empty Re: Did you ever order from Schwan's?

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:18 am

Every 2 weeks on Wednesday; when we had our last driver who stuck around for about 10 years or so, he came on Thursdays, but now it's a day earlier.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:38 am

Nope, never heard of that company
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 am

cheaps wrote:Nope, never heard of that company

I thought everybody knew about Schwan's

Did you ever order from Schwan's? Schwans

Granted you sure don't hear about them any advertisement, it is yeah like RB said, you get something from them once and they'll come again. A lot of their stuff is pricey but some of it you just can't get anywhere else, we certainly can't, I do NOT like stores' tater tots, big potato puffs, I like Schwan's round thin quick taters, I like THEIR onion rings without the spices in them, and they have good ice cream but WATCH OUT on those strawberry sundae crunch bars because once I ate one and pulled out a toothpick sized piece of wood that didn't even come from the stick.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:53 am

^^^ you know now that you posted a pic of the truck, i think ive seen a few of them around town, just never bothered to actually see wat company it was. but no ive never boughten from them, if they are pricey then i prolly wont in future.

an eww! at the toothpick sized wood comin out the sundae crunch bar.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 am

cheaps wrote:^^^ you know now that you posted a pic of the truck, i think ive seen a few of them around town, just never bothered to actually see wat company it was. but no ive never boughten from them, if they are pricey then i prolly wont in future.

an eww! at the toothpick sized wood comin out the sundae crunch bar.

Oh yeah, we saved that and bagged it and showed it to the guy and we got our money back on that box...but that was about 7 or 8 years ago, I've had some more of them since and never come across another one. Just one of those things like we used to get fish sticks from them until I about swallowed a bone which they usually don't have, so we don't get them anymore either, that and they're too expensive.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:46 am

Never heard of the company or have seen any of their trucks.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rainmaker Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:36 am

Never heard of this company. confused
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:23 pm

alan smithee wrote:Never heard of the company or have seen any of their trucks.

Me either.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:38 am

They don't service the Michigan area.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:46 am

They service in my state. Back in the 90's a lot of people in my area would buy the ice cream products. I remember their prices for ice cream weren't too expensive. Sometime in the late 90's, there was a salmonella breakout with several of the meat products and after they lost a lot of customers. I occasionally see the trucks around but most people I know don't buy from them.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:49 am

They deliver here in Manhattan. I've never ordered from them.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:42 am

My friend in CT loves them and recommended them. I hate to cook, and have been spending so much money eating out that i said screw it... let me try. I LOVE them!!!

Most of the food can be thrown in the over for a while (including rice), and the microwavable stuff like pot pies come out crunchy! I have been taking the pot pies to work-- filling with big pieces of meat. Tonight I had the filet mignon which i threw on the george forman grill--- was awesome!

you can buy most everything from them--veggies (which come in microwavable steam pouches), pies/cakes, soups, chicken, beef, seafood, fruits, juices.... im totally loving it. I put the order in at 1am, and the stuff was delivered to my door the next day. the driver was soooo damn nice, made recommendations and told me honestly what was not so good/popular. they have a live chat on the site, and are very nice... they also have a rewards program, so the more you buy, the more you save.

i recommended them to my mom, and she LOVED the food--- and she is a picky woman that cant be satisfied!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 am

We still order from them every two weeks when they come.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Never heard of the company or have seen any of their trucks.

co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:49 am