CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
Supernova
Tony Marino
Chris
9 posters

How do you feel about quiet people?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How do you feel about quiet people? Empty How do you feel about quiet people?

Post by Chris Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:32 am

How do you feel about quiet people? Do you ever tend to label them is boring, stuck up, mean, or warped? Is it frustrating to you when someone has a penchant for not speaking up and has a monotonous voice?

I ask this because often times people fail to correlate quiet people as actually being shy, and will just jump to extremes.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

How do you feel about quiet people? Empty Re: How do you feel about quiet people?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 am

Quiet people are o.k. in my book. You have to give them a chance sometimes they might be just observing or just shy and it may take a little time to draw them out. You might be surprised at what they have to say!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How do you feel about quiet people? Empty Re: How do you feel about quiet people?

Post by Supernova Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:04 am

I don't know quiet people, I am the quiet people, half of the time. My mother's always getting on my case for not talking to her other than the usual 'eh' and 'er' grunts.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, I'm quiet. So I think quiet people are pretty cool. cool
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I used to be very shy and quiet, so I relate when I encounter someone who is quiet.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 pm

It doesn't bother me if someone is shy or quiet. I don't usually label quiet people.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 pm

I don't mind shy or non-talkative people, but its annoying when people voices are soft to where its almost a mumble and you gotta say "WHAT?" to them 3 times before they raise the tone.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:12 am

Why would I mind quiet people? I AM ONE! Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:16 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:Why would I mind quiet people? I AM ONE! Razz

Your approaching 4000 posts my lil bro how quiet can you be?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:27 am

Tony Marino wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:Why would I mind quiet people? I AM ONE! Razz

My online alter ego is chatty. big grin In real life, people typically gotta start a conversation with me. Once they do, I'm a little chatterbox. But I could go to a party and sit in the corner and let the whole thing go by without saying a word as I drink my sprite. FORGIVENESS MAN Your Little Bro is a shy one. big grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

My online alter ego is chatty. big grin In real life, people typically gotta start a conversation with me. Once they do, I'm a little chatterbox. But I could go to a party and sit in the corner and let the whole thing go by without saying a word as I drink my sprite. FORGIVENESS MAN Your Little Bro is a shy one. big grin

Thats o.k. I have been known to do that sometimes at parties as well. Eventually as you get older it changes as you meet different people.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:28 am

Tony Marino wrote:Thats o.k. I have been known to do that sometimes at parties as well. Eventually as you get older it changes as you meet different people.

Meh, maybe. lol I don't think it's an age thing. I just gotta undo all the damage school did to my socialization skills. big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:57 am

Chris wrote:How do you feel about quiet people? Do you ever tend to label them is boring, stuck up, mean, or warped? Is it frustrating to you when someone has a penchant for not speaking up and has a monotonous voice?

I ask this because often times people fail to correlate quiet people as actually being shy, and will just jump to extremes.

It depends. My wife was shy/quite around me when we first met. Thought she might be a little stuck up but not once I got to know her. Sometimes still waters run deep.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:17 am