CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
TSJFan4Ever
allison13
sue67
Forgiveness Man
Adrian LePere
Chris
stavdash
Kral
Jason B.
Tony Marino
tandmfan
ForeverJash
16 posters

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged]

ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] Empty The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged]

Post by ForeverJash Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Loved it when Jack said that it doesn't make sense that Dani's older. OLTL poking fun at itself.
    The way the sniped at each other was priceless.
    tandmfan
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] Empty Re: The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged]

Post by tandmfan Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Jack's great, he makes me laugh. I don't think the age discrepancy makes any sense either. I am glad that the OLTL writers have a sense of humor and can make fun of themselves.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] Empty Re: The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged]

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 pm

I like Jack, he cracks me up all the time. I could have watched him and Dani sparring for the whole show!!!!!!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:00 am

Yeah Jack is great. Loved seeing him getting down at the concert! The actor playing him is kinda green, but he's got spirit that makes up for it.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] Empty Matthew and Jack should become enemies!

Post by Kral Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Think about it, imagine Matthew and Jack becoming a younger version of Todd and Kevin. Who would you root for?
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Realistically, the show does not enough time left to develop a real, meaningful rivalry between the two of them. If they ever are pitted against one another, chances are that it would be fluffy and fleeting.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Kral wrote:Who would you root for?

Jack.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] Empty Why did Jack refer to her as "Aunt Kelly?"

Post by Kral Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 pm

She's his cousin. Second cousin at that.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:18 am

Jack once also referred to Jessica as "Aunt Jessica." I think it's more of an age thing.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Kral wrote:She's his cousin. Second cousin at that.

More than likely its because they are older and sometimes you might refer to a cousin as Aunt or Uncle, I know I did when I was a kid to my older cousins.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Chris wrote:Jack once also referred to Jessica as "Aunt Jessica." I think it's more of an age thing.

Touche!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] Empty Carmen LoPorto (Jack) has been cast in a new movie

Post by Chris Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Look at little Jack becoming a movie star now. The movie sounds interesting although I am sure it will have a PG rating on it.
    Adrian LePere
    Adrian LePere
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] Empty Time for Jack to come up.

Post by Adrian LePere Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:10 am

I want them to develop Jack's character more. I would love it if he became like Todd, but without the baggage. Whereas Todd does bad things because he's haunted by lifelong demons, Jack does bad things because he's just greedy and enjoys it. He wouldn't be as dark as Todd, but equally as gluttonous. If anything I'm picturing him as a male version of Dorian or a young David Vickers. Can be dark when the situation calls, but usually colorful in his scheming. Jack is the only teen I want to see MORE of.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:39 am

Adrian LePere wrote:I want them to develop Jack's character more. I would love it if he became like Todd, but without the baggage. Whereas Todd does bad things because he's haunted by lifelong demons, Jack does bad things because he's just greedy and enjoys it. He wouldn't be as dark as Todd, but equally as gluttonous. If anything I'm picturing him as a male version of Dorian or a young David Vickers. Can be dark when the situation calls, but usually colorful in his scheming. Jack is the only teen I want to see MORE of.
    Do we consider Jack a teen yet? I believe the actor just turned 13 but not sure the character is there yet.

I'd like to see Jack AND Shane more developed. But OLTL has something against kids not old enough to have sex. Bullshit

I could see Jack growing up to be like Tea. He'd be a feisty, witty, and yes even sometimes dark, lawyer. He would still have Todd's wit and badassness without being the angry and troubled "rapist" that this show refuses to let Todd not be. I think Jack could have great story potential, especially with CLP at the wheel. (The prior Jacks were, meh, especially the "Doctor Spencer" Jack)
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Jack cracks me up so right now, I have no problem with him at all. Although my initial perception of them was that Starr would have been the troublesome one who broke the law and behaved salaciously. Jack would have been the "reasonable bleeding heart" middle child, the type to go sit outside with the homeless, do overzealous environmental work. Sam (yes I said Sam...where is he?) would have been like Todd, but more sympathetic. I was envisioning all this before there was a Dani, so I have nothing to say about her.

But I got no issue with how Jack is turning out, even if it's 100% different from how I conceptualized him five or so years ago before he was played by this current kid.
    sue67
    sue67
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by sue67 Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Jack is a riot and yes he should be used more, as Jack grows up he will make a good ruthless business man that gets in his own way but does have a heart, there's no need for Jack to be a con-man he was born into wealth, but I can see him still being focused on money because dealing with money can be easier then people.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Jack already has his own personality and he reminds me a lot of Starr before she grew up and became "just another soap heroine".Here's hoping the same thing doesn't happen to him.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote: I think Jack could have great story potential, especially with CLP at the wheel. (The prior Jacks were, meh, especially the "Doctor Spencer" Jack)

That was "Children of the Corn" Jack. I didn't mind the curly haired Jack that came after him and before the current one. He had a breezy demeanor with Todd and Blair. I remember his angrily turning on Spencer. I didn't like CL when he first took over the role, because it seemed like they de-aged him. The prior Jack that I was talking about seemed older. But CL is rapidly developing charm as the wise-ass Jack, despite some kinks here and there.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:39 pm

ITA with what you said, Sue. I'd like to see Jack grow up that way - kinda like Asa, only not so heartless. He'd have the best of Blaire and Todd, but without the baggage. I love how feisty he is right now!!!! Trevor and Carmen play off of each other so well - wish we got more Jack and Todd! Carmen is a great actor. I know the previous kid did NOT want to be an actor and had been forced into it by his parents - poor kid. Carmen is a natural. I'd love to see him be a mix of Todd and Asa, even though he's not related to Asa except as Asa being a former step father - lol.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Kral Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 am

Right now, it seems like they just trot Jack out for comic relief or for extra reinforcements. I would ask for more of Jack but CL is still a bit rusty around the corners, so I don't know how much or how heavy material he can handle. But I am having a much more fun time watching him grow into his craft than I did EA. I didn't like him as a little kid and don't like him now.

I do have to ask tho, WHERE is Sam?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 am

JB wrote:

That was "Children of the Corn" Jack. I didn't mind the curly haired Jack that came after him and before the current one. He had a breezy demeanor with Todd and Blair. I remember his angrily turning on Spencer. I didn't like CL when he first took over the role, because it seemed like they de-aged him. The prior Jack that I was talking about seemed older. But CL is rapidly developing charm as the wise-ass Jack, despite some kinks here and there.
    Yeah he did rapidly turn on Spencer which was good and he wasn't bad, IDK, he just seemed like too typical of a "soap window decoration kid." He didn't really have anything that defined him. Yeah, I remember thinking that CLP's Jack looked de-aged too but now I'm glad they changed him cause he's really stepped into the role with some personality.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 3

Post by TSJToddFan Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Kral wrote:I do have to ask tho, WHERE is Sam?

I'm sure the next time we see him, he'll probably be played by a different kid. Sam, Bree and Zane were all born the same year. Bree looks like she's about 6. The last time we saw Sam, he looked like he was 3.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:54 pm

JB wrote:That was "Children of the Corn" Jack. I didn't mind the curly haired Jack that came after him and before the current one. He had a breezy demeanor with Todd and Blair. I remember his angrily turning on Spencer. I didn't like CL when he first took over the role, because it seemed like they de-aged him. The prior Jack that I was talking about seemed older. But CL is rapidly developing charm as the wise-ass Jack, despite some kinks here and there.

Wasn't he the Jack who Starr made the conspicuous comment about how he liked to play in Blair's makeup? I heard that he hated acting and was pretty miserable on the set.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:59 pm

bump

I'd be rooting for Jack all the way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:08 pm