CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
TSJFan4Ever
allison13
sue67
Forgiveness Man
Adrian LePere
Chris
stavdash
Kral
Jason B.
Tony Marino
tandmfan
ForeverJash
16 posters

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged]

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty Re: The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged]

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Jack
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty Re: The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged]

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:40 am

TSJToddFan wrote:

I'm sure the next time we see him, he'll probably be played by a different kid. Sam, Bree and Zane were all born the same year. Bree looks like she's about 6. The last time we saw Sam, he looked like he was 3.
    Besides, Sam was played by Twins and that only works until toddlerhood.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:01 pm

Chris wrote:Wasn't he the Jack who Starr made the conspicuous comment about how he liked to play in Blair's makeup? I heard that he hated acting and was pretty miserable on the set.

That was him. I know it's stereotyping, but for a hot second that made me wonder if Jack would later evolve into a gay teen. Don't see that happening now though.
    Adrian LePere
    Adrian LePere
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Post by Adrian LePere Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Do we consider Jack a teen yet? I believe the actor just turned 13 but not sure the character is there yet.

I'd like to see Jack AND Shane more developed. But OLTL has something against kids not old enough to have sex. Bullshit

I could see Jack growing up to be like Tea. He'd be a feisty, witty, and yes even sometimes dark, lawyer. He would still have Todd's wit and badassness without being the angry and troubled "rapist" that this show refuses to let Todd not be. I think Jack could have great story potential, especially with CLP at the wheel. (The prior Jacks were, meh, especially the "Doctor Spencer" Jack)

I consider Jack a teen. In general I don't separate the ages of the actors and characters, unless the show deliberately states the age of a character. Since Jack's fictional age hasn't been announced, I have no reason to believe he isn't the same age as Carmen.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Adrian LePere wrote:I consider Jack a teen. In general I don't separate the ages of the actors and characters, unless the show deliberately states the age of a character. Since Jack's fictional age hasn't been announced, I have no reason to believe he isn't the same age as Carmen.
    Well, I do. I assume he is supposed to be the same age as Shane.(Who is actually slightly older than Carmen in real life, but who was last said to be over a year younger as Shane)
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 pm

I can't wait to start seeing more of him and I don't want him to change. Keep the sharpeness that is Jack Manning.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 am

gmruss4 wrote:I can't wait to start seeing more of him and I don't want him to change. Keep the sharpeness that is Jack Manning.

Figure what, he's probably in the 7th or 8th grade now. Hopefully the show can last long enough to see him start high school in a year or so. That ought to be fun. Jack and Dani in the same school, mixing it up with each other.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty I LOVE JACK!!!!!!

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Carmen is brilliant. I love that kid and I love Jack. He is SOOOOO Todd's son!!!! If Eli weren't so dangerous, I'd wish he'd go a little Starr Manning on Eli - order up some manure or piranhas or something like that. I'm glad to see him. Carmen, like Kristen, is one of those golden finds - so diverse. I just wish we got more Todd/Jack scenes! He seemed happy enough about TnT getting married but he sure isn't happy about Blaire and Eli. GO JACK! Let your Manning side come out - lol! Jack sure has Eli pegged. Then again, he's Todd's son and he hasn't been tainted and all but destroyed the way Starr has been.

Last edited by TSJFan4Ever on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:21 pm

I laughed when he said "you mean I get to find out something first for a change." lol
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

The official 'Jack Manning' discussion thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty The 'JACK MANNING' discussion thread.

Post by Jason B. Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Jack's voice is changing!!! Alternating between high and low.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:30 pm

The boy will soon become a man!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:33 pm

JB wrote:I laughed when he said "you mean I get to find out something first for a change." lol

Yeah - lol! That was great.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:08 pm

I noticed that too - he's growing up. Smile
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 pm

How can you not love this kid. Reminds me so much of the way Starr used to be before Cole.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Yeah - back when Starr had a personality and was interesting. Cole sapped that right out of her!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:32 am

gmruss4 wrote:How can you not love this kid. Reminds me so much of the way Starr used to be before Cole.
    We just gotta make sure that post-puberty, we don't stick him with an annoying chick like Cole. We need somebody to complement his personality, not hinder it.

I could see Jack and Shane becoming friends and getting into mischief.(No doubt Jack's idea that Shane goes along with) I think it could be some fun stories ahead that could give the show some nice entertainment.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:41 pm

I can't stand Shane. I like Jack better on his own. Besides, I can't see Jack wanting to hang out with the kid of the guy who forged his brother's death and got off scott free and doesn't even have a guilty conscience over the crime or the fallout of that crime. Jack would be more likely to go after Rex for what he did to Sam and Todd and want nothing to do with Shane.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:54 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I can't stand Shane. I like Jack better on his own. Besides, I can't see Jack wanting to hang out with the kid of the guy who forged his brother's death and got off scott free and doesn't even have a guilty conscience over the crime or the fallout of that crime. Jack would be more likely to go after Rex for what he did to Sam and Todd and want nothing to do with Shane.

Neither can I. The kid annoys me. He's like a brattier version of The Beav.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Post by ForeverJash Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Speaking of Jack, let's assume that OLTL had another 10 years left. How do you envision Jack's character once he's older?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah. it's really bad when they write a story of a kid with cancer and you feel NOTHING for the kid at all. At best, Shane is tolerable but put him with Gex all the time and I can't stand him. It wasn't too bad when he thought Brody was his Dad. He was okay then.

As for when Jack gets older? I think he's going to be hell on wheels during his teen years - but not a bad kid. He's fiercely loyal to his Dad and he always has his camera handy. Maybe he'll become a PI, the way he likes to spy and collect information. I can see him growing up to be a con artist but not a malicious one. I think he'll fine-tune his blackmailing skills and use that to his advantage. Job-wise - more people don't seem to work on soaps, other than lawyers and doctors and Todd and Kelly at the newspaper, and I can't see Jack in any of those careers. 10 years will put him in his early 20's, unless he's SOARASed, but I hope not. I think he's going to be all Todd but without the baggage and pain.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Post by ForeverJash Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 pm

I really wanna see the show create a "Jack vs. Matthew" rivalry in the spirit of Viki vs. Dorian/Todd vs. Kevin. I know Matthew is something like 2 years older than him, but so. Just bump Jack up to freshman HS status this fall and have them bump heads at school.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:00 am

Yeah - well - with the way Matthew is acting, the age difference isn't all that big. Wink Matthew's acting like he's Jack's age, anyway. That would be interesting and I can see them going that root. Plus, if jack finds out the danger Matthew put his sisters in, he won't be happy!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:33 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I can't stand Shane. I like Jack better on his own. Besides, I can't see Jack wanting to hang out with the kid of the guy who forged his brother's death and got off scott free and doesn't even have a guilty conscience over the crime or the fallout of that crime. Jack would be more likely to go after Rex for what he did to Sam and Todd and want nothing to do with Shane.

Matthew and Shane make more sense being friends. Jack is too cool for them. If anything, Jack should be trying to make trouble where they are concerned.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah - I can totally see Matthew and Shane being friends and Jack making trouble - lol! Jack's a smart kid - too smart for both of them.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Maybe he will suceed in stopping Blair from marrying Eli before he does something to her too. He sure is going to give it his best try.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:46 pm